Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people with the warn elite bumpers, did you get alot of sag in the suspension?

Old 11-27-2015, 02:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default people with the warn elite bumpers, did you get alot of sag in the suspension?

I am buying warn elite bumpers for my Jeep. I am running the teraflex leveling kit, air bags in the rear with 18/59 springs. I will be running the TF body lift with pro comp 35s. I want the front and rear bumpers. Should I bite the bullet and get a new lift to accomidate the weight?
Old 11-27-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I run the Warn Elite front bumper, sans the hoop, with a Engo 10K winch with synthetic line. When I lifted I originally had Teraflex 2.5" springs, which are way too "soft" for the weight of a steel winch bumper. I am now running Old Man Emu 2.5" 150lb overload springs, which are designed for the added weight of a winch bumper, without any sagging issues.

If you are going to go with the Warn Elite I recommend going to the OME springs. Teraflex now sells (didn't at the time of my purchase) their Outback 3" springs, which are like the OMEs, designed for additional weight. There are also a few other spring brands out there who sell an "overload" type spring to counter the added weight of a winch bumper.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:22 AM
JK Junkie

Are Teraflex softer than stock? I stand on my bumper and it only drops a little bit. I have a spacer lift right now. I figure the bumper weighs 80-100 lbs, and find a lightweight winch. Any one run stock springs with this bumper?
Old 11-28-2015, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

i can tell you that I ran stock bumper with winch and winch plate and front skid for a total weight of about 120lbs or so with stock 19 and then 10A front coils and 2" aev spacer and it definitely sagged down. I replaced those with 2" tera flex coils (performace 1.5" kit) and it helped a bit and rode better on and off road, I replaced those with a RK 2.5" and really came up and rode much better on and off road. this was on a new rig I would think with high miels it would even be worse.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

hmmm, I wonder how much lift I would get with the RK 1.5" triple rates with the warn bumpers front and rear. I could use my leveling kit to adjust ride height as well. I don't want to get too high. hmmmm what to do what to do. jadmt, How much height did you gain over the tf springs? I am going to be using the JKS drop brackets, so...maybe just buy the 2.5's, and shock extensions.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
hmmm, I wonder how much lift I would get with the RK 1.5" triple rates with the warn bumpers front and rear. I could use my leveling kit to adjust ride height as well. I don't want to get too high. hmmmm what to do what to do. jadmt, How much height did you gain over the tf springs? I am going to be using the JKS drop brackets, so...maybe just buy the 2.5's, and shock extensions.
with the TF coils with that much weight I am just guessing but with a 1" up front you would be under 2.5". RK would be real close to an honest 2.5" inches without the spacer. I have 2.75" up front actual lift and I am quite a bit lighter up front than a Warn bumper is going to be. Considering you can get RS5000X shocks for about $45 a piece its hard to justify shock extensions. Of course I am basing this on a 4 door so not sure on a 2 door.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

I am running my Monroe reflex. If I were replacing shocks I would go fox resi. I don't go crazy flexing all the time so I figure that an extension would be fine. I really don't want to go any higher than I am now, Just want to keep my height that I have with the new bumpers.

Quick Reply: people with the warn elite bumpers, did you get alot of sag in the suspension?