Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinion Angle with Adams 1310 Driveshafts

Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinion Angle with Adams 1310 Driveshafts

Looks like my drive shafts are slowly dying even after I put adjustable control arms on the jeep and had them set as close as I could in acceptable range for the pinion angle. My question is when I install the 1310s do I need to mess with my adjustable control arms again? I know the Adams shafts are made for up to 6" lift.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Set the pinion angle up on the rear. You'll only need to adjust the rear uppers. Set it to -2 degrees, as it'll come under load during acceleration.

You've got options up front. I'm still waiting on my stock 2015 shaft to give out on my 3.5" coils. I'm going to run the Teraflex R-Zeppa rebuild instead of a 1310 front driveshaft. Absolutely no reason to run on 1350 on your JK if it isn't a buggy on 40+" tires. I run the Adams 1310 rear and it's great, but for the front driveshaft the Teraflex kit looks perfect for me as I'm trying to keep 4.5* of castor and no driveline vibes. Plus it's cheaper!

Last edited by BoraBora; 03-23-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

If you're happy with the caster you're currently running, there's no reason to change it. Simply unbolt the old DS and install the new one.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
If you're happy with the caster you're currently running, there's no reason to change it. Simply unbolt the old DS and install the new one.
If your pinon angle is within tolerance for a DC shaft, then no need to change. Otherwise yes you would need to adjust the arms to dial in the angle. Otherwise you will destroy the new DS or your transfercase.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
If your pinon angle is within tolerance for a DC shaft, then no need to change. Otherwise yes you would need to adjust the arms to dial in the angle. Otherwise you will destroy the new DS or your transfercase.
Sorry, yes....this is more correct, I was assuming his caster/pinion was within general spec already otherwise his jeep would prob be driving like crap. Most likely you will be fine swapping them as is.

Quick Reply: Pinion Angle with Adams 1310 Driveshafts