Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post Lift Problems. Please help

Old 04-16-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like dunny said try straightening it out yourself a few times before taking it to the dealer.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vintagetrks
The light did'nt go off after I adjusted the drag link so I must not have it centered. It was just kind of odd that I lost the cruise control. The shop that did the lift did'nt have a clue why it did that so I guess I'm gonna have to take it to the dealer (which I really don't want to do) and have them sort me out.
Just keep working on that draglink. Your gonna have to drive it after you adjust to make sure it's centered. Also check to see if they properly secured all your brakelines and your not getting any rubbing issues on any of your lines.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Just keep working on that draglink. Your gonna have to drive it after you adjust to make sure it's centered. Also check to see if they properly secured all your brakelines and your not getting any rubbing issues on any of your lines.
Had the same problem after I did my lift. After you get it centered it will take a few times starting your JK before the light turns off.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Andrew C
Had the same problem after I did my lift. After you get it centered it will take a few times starting your JK before the light turns off.
Did your cruise control quit working as well? Losing the cruise as well has me really confused. I would think they were seperate systems so they should work independantly. I appreciate all the good advice guys and I'll keep working that drag link til the traction control light goes out but man losing the cruise has me pretty concerned (I use the heck out of cruise control LOL)
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Did your cruise control quit working as well? Losing the cruise as well has me really confused. I would think they were seperate systems so they should work independantly. I appreciate all the good advice guys and I'll keep working that drag link til the traction control light goes out but man losing the cruise has me pretty concerned (I use the heck out of cruise control LOL)
It's more than likely connected. I can understand and see how it would be a safety feature for sure. After you get that steering wheel centered and drive it around it should fix it. Try cruise control then. Eliminating that step will give you a lot more info. And it's free. No aggravating trip to the stealership.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
It's more than likely connected. I can understand and see how it would be a safety feature for sure. After you get that steering wheel centered and drive it around it should fix it. Try cruise control then. Eliminating that step will give you a lot more info. And it's free. No aggravating trip to the stealership.
I hear ya. I can't stand going to the dealer. I'll take y'alls advice and keep tinkering with it. Will go to dealer as a last resort. Heck the only reason I had someone install the lift for me is the dealer told me that if I installed it myself it would void my warranty.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

I hear ya. I can't stand going to the dealer. I'll take y'alls advice and keep tinkering with it. Will go to dealer as a last resort. Heck the only reason I had someone install the lift for me is the dealer told me that if I installed it myself it would void my warranty.
Find you a different dealer. Lol.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

It's a safety reason your cruise doesn't work. So in the case you hydroplane and cruise is on it will kill it ect.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Traction control and cruise control ARE connected, fix traction control and the cruise will come back . At least it has for me in the past
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Quick Reply: Post Lift Problems. Please help