Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powertank VS ARB compressor

Old 06-22-2015, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I to have a dual setup with a CO2 and compressor. You can build your own CO2 setup for under 200 and install a backup air compressor for way less than what a power tank cost.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
I to have a dual setup with a CO2 and compressor. You can build your own CO2 setup for under 200 and install a backup air compressor for way less than what a power tank cost.

While it's true you can make a low cost DIY C02 system the real value is in the regulator and warranty. I for one bought a cheapo Smitty Bilt and the regulator crapped out on me.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi

While it's true you can make a low cost DIY C02 system the real value is in the regulator and warranty. I for one bought a cheapo Smitty Bilt and the regulator crapped out on me.
I've been running cheap $40 nitrogen regulators on a few vehicles of mine that are on air suspension and they work just as well as the ones with the expensive regulators. Haven't had a single problem with any of them and my vehicles get USED and ABUSED. It just depends on your luck of the draw as far as that goes. My dad has an 87 Ford F150 nearing the 400k mark on the original engine while his brother has the same truck in a different trim level that's been a headache since day one. Either one can make an argument as to how good or bad 1987 Ford F150's are. This is why it's best in this scenario to have redundancy by having a tank AND a compressor setup.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

you can buy a 150psi fixed regulator that won't freeze up for less than 60.00 and a new 10lbs CO2 tank for less than a 100.00 (cheaper if you find a used one and trade it in) the rest is just hose and connections.
http://www.polyperformance.com/product/1495
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft.../co2/C10.shtml

Last edited by jchappies; 06-22-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenRubi

This is why it's best in this scenario to have redundancy by having a tank AND a compressor setup.
This is the best take home from this thread IMHO. I learned this lesson the hard way the same as learning "cheap" is always cheap.

Quick Reply: powertank VS ARB compressor