Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro cal

Old 04-19-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro cal

Just lifted my 2013 jeep wrangler and put some 35's on it. Any recommendations on which pro cal to get?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bren1531
Just lifted my 2013 jeep wrangler and put some 35's on it. Any recommendations on which pro cal to get?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Either AEV Procal or Superchips FlashCal.

Be careful when buying used. I have a bricked AEV Procal due to a bug that was present in older Procals.

Also AEV doesn't answer emails, phone calls, or return voicemails.

The ProCal is cheap and gets the job done, but the FlashCal is more user friendly.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do you want a programmer, or a tuner?

I have been using a procal since 08, easy to use, works great, lots of nifty features.

The flashcal does pretty much the same, but has a screen instead of just dipswitches, and is updatable online (which could also be a negative, since there are some posts floating around about updates causing issues...) Another plus for the flashcal is that if you later decide that you want a tuner, you can pay to upgrade it to a flashpaq.

There are plenty of threads on the various programmers and tuners, with pages and pages of posts in each to read through for more opinions and reviews. So, wouldn't hurt to read through a few to help decide if a programmer or a tuner would better fit your needs.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the AEV procal and now have the Superchips Traildash.

I recommend people with the 6 speed just get the AEV because the tunes don't help out much the a 6 speed. The superchips does well on the Superchips because of the better shift adjustment
Old 04-20-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

The procal is dealer friendly the super chip has to be flashed back to stock when u go back to dealer.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjtvegas
The procal is dealer friendly the super chip has to be flashed back to stock when u go back to dealer.
I have Pro-Cal never had any problems at the dealer...... Super chip has to be reset when you take it to the dealer?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Superchips FAQ recommends that you do return to stock before a dealership visit. Their reasoning is just in case there might be a warranty related issue, you should get the tune off. Other people have posted that the dealership flashed their computer, which overwrote the tune, and locked them out of the flashpaq.

Last edited by nthinuf; 03-01-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the JKScal by default with my lift. It is a superchips flashcal with the JKS name on it. Superchips part# 3570. It will do everything except a tune. $150. And if you have a 14 or older it is upgradeable to the flashpaq thru the spark update program.

FYI. Superchips is coming out with all new programmers in april. The F5 version with have better displays but the programmer ability will be the same as the current models.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

superchips flash cal here. works awesome.

Quick Reply: Pro cal