Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with teraflex control arms???

Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with teraflex control arms???

i purchased my self a brand new teraflex 6" long arm lift and had it installed at a local off road shop last week. i picked it up today when it was finished. i drove it 16km home where i was going to put my new tires on, atx slabs and 37" toyo's. i got all the tools out and jacks so i could lift it and put the tires on. when i crawled under the jeep i saw my lower passenger side control arm was busted. the kit is brand new out of the box with 16km on it home all road nothing else. the arm broke right behind where the the tub flex joint threads in. you can see clearly in the photo how rusted the arm is around where the weld should be. what i would like to know has anyone else had any problems with their arms? any input or information would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20121208_153141.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	396378  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Wow!!! I have a year on my Tereflex 4" long arms with no issues. I never looked into what type of warranty is provided. Have you checked?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

I called teraflex but being the weekend they are closed so I'm awaiting a reply from someone by phone or possibly from teraflex on here.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW!

From what I've heard TeraFlex has great customer service, they should be able to swap it for ya.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow I have had my Tera flex kit for a little over a year now and I beat the snot out of it rock crawling and i broke the right side control arm bracket and they replaced no questions asked. I'm sure they will replace it. They might want it back to look at.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goober0000001
i purchased my self a brand new teraflex 6" long arm lift and had it installed at a local off road shop last week. i picked it up today when it was finished. i drove it 16km home where i was going to put my new tires on, atx slabs and 37" toyo's. i got all the tools out and jacks so i could lift it and put the tires on. when i crawled under the jeep i saw my lower passenger side control arm was busted. the kit is brand new out of the box with 16km on it home all road nothing else. the arm broke right behind where the the tub flex joint threads in. you can see clearly in the photo how rusted the arm is around where the weld should be. what i would like to know has anyone else had any problems with their arms? any input or information would be appreciated.
Those guys are very good about taking care of their customers! I did a stupid mistake with on of my sway bar links, TOTALLY MY FAULT, and they sent me a new one at no charge! I have been very please with their service and product!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

You're not going to have any problems with them replacing this. It's an awfully good company and their responses on here are usually very timely. Look, you sell enough of a product and eventually one is going to have an issue....you just wish it wasn't you having the issue! I don't ever recall seeing another thread on here where a TF control arm just up and busted.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Considering TF's reputation for quality, it could a problem with the installation rather than the hardware.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a real bummer when something like this happens. Good thing is that you bought a quality brand lift with a company that stands behind their product.

I too did something stupid, and didnt follow instructions. Teraflex took care of me. They command a bit of a price premium in the market, but Im ok with that given their stellar Customer / technical support/service and how they stand behind their products.

Good luck with your build!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

I did a lot of research before I settled on this petticular lift. Heard nothing but good about their products, and customer relations. Rhe whole kit is awesome, like suggested maybe just the one are was bad?

Quick Reply: Problem with teraflex control arms???