Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the new Superchips Flashcal 3570 Update!!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the new Superchips Flashcal 3570 Update!!

So I've been waiting months for the update to come out from Superchips that essentially allows you to download a program to convert the Flashcal 3570 to a Flashpaq with all of the Flashpaq features. I bought the Flashcal orignally because the Flashpaq wasn't available yet for the 3.6 and I needed to adjust for tire size and TPMS. So I was on the phone back and forth with Superchips today, they charged me for the upgrade and I got home and downloaded it according to their instructions...

Plugged the Programmer into my JK and there isn't a single feature different from before. Anyone else with the same problem or input??
Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you dont have 2 tuners installed like me. Flashpaq and diablosport working side by side. True story. And without issue
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by courtsm3
At least you dont have 2 tuners installed like me. Flashpaq and diablosport working side by side. True story. And without issue
haha very interesting! Why do you have that setup? What benefits?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2012JKNY
haha very interesting! Why do you have that setup? What benefits?
Accident.

Thought i had it removed but it wasnt 100%. Tpms, running lights and one other thing still remained. Tune was removed allowing for the diablosport sprintex tune. All other options remained and both were vin locked!! Cool lol
Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Accident.

Thought i had it removed but it wasnt 100%. Tpms, running lights and one other thing still remained. Tune was removed allowing for the diablosport sprintex tune. All other options remained and both were vin locked!! Cool lol
haha that's awesome! Hopefully it continues to work without any issues! I have to ask, since you've had both, which do you like better?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I've been waiting months for the update to come out from Superchips that essentially allows you to download a program to convert the Flashcal 3570 to a Flashpaq with all of the Flashpaq features. I bought the Flashcal orignally because the Flashpaq wasn't available yet for the 3.6 and I needed to adjust for tire size and TPMS. So I was on the phone back and forth with Superchips today, they charged me for the upgrade and I got home and downloaded it according to their instructions...

Plugged the Programmer into my JK and there isn't a single feature different from before. Anyone else with the same problem or input??
I updated my flashcal today for lockers in 4Hi and did notice a new option regarding tuning or performance or somerhing along those lines. When I pressed it, it said that that option was not available on this device.....

How much did superchips charge you to have the tuning available on tou flashcal.... cause I'd like the 87 tune on mine. I could call them, try it and if it works, I could confirm. But it depends how much?????

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

haha that's awesome! Hopefully it continues to work without any issues! I have to ask, since you've had both, which do you like better?
For "canned" tunes the superchips felt the best. Felt more pep and overall drivability improved. Diablosport had a weird throttle bog when cruising and the shifting felt the same. Superchips shifting felt better. But the diablosport was needed for my sprintex tune
Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

2012 jkny, I contacted Superchips today and was explained that in order to convert your flashcal to the flashpaq, fees are $129 and you have to send your unit to them for conversion..... I have yet to reply, so cam you share the info you got from them, price and procedures.

Thanks.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Da10A
I updated my flashcal today for lockers in 4Hi and did notice a new option regarding tuning or performance or somerhing along those lines. When I pressed it, it said that that option was not available on this device.....

How much did superchips charge you to have the tuning available on tou flashcal.... cause I'd like the 87 tune on mine. I could call them, try it and if it works, I could confirm. But it depends how much?????

Right, it won't work for download unless you call them and purchase the upgrade. They charged me $130 over the phone. Considering that I paid $140 for the Flashcal originally, that's a lot cheaper than buying a new Flashpaq. Unfortunately it didn't work when I plugged it into the Jeep, but Superchips sent me the info and a shipping label (no additional cost to me) to send it to them and have them reprogram it properly at their facility. Even if I'm without it for a few days, I think it's worth it to do the upgrade. THey assured me that it will work as a Flashpaq when I get it back!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Allright, I have to call them later-on today. I guess I could ask them, these questions, but maybe you know. First, do you have to return your neep to stock before sending them the unit??? Second, will futur updates recognize that it will then be a flashpaq and not flashcal????.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Problems with the new Superchips Flashcal 3570 Update!!