Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the new Superchips Flashcal 3570 Update!!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is that the unit has to be plugged in to use features like lockers or e-disco in 4hi, or hi idle, etcetera.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've tried to do the upgrade online and the transaction fails and says it can't be completed and to try again.

No I'm not broke, tried a couple of different credit cards.. lol
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me twice last night.... Tried to download the Flashpaq upgrade for my flashcal and got the ''transaction failed'' message !!! I thought it was because I live in Canada and the program did not accept my Zip code.... I wish they'd make sure everything works before making it available and cause frustration !!!

And, the unit does have to be plugged in the OBD2 port to allow use of lockers on 4Hi.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I
Have had sane problem, it fails every time. I have been in contact with superchips well see what they say
Old 02-21-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They just replied to me saying that they had issues with the credit card processor. They ask to call and they will do the payment over the phone. I guess it would be wise to have our device connected to Spark and ready to download when calling.

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called them this morning and they were able to take a payment over the phom and have the update apply when I connected the cal to the spark.

I applied the update and after unplugging it, I plugged it back in to the pc and it updated some more.

Installed fine on the Jeep
Old 02-21-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDrew
I called them this morning and they were able to take a payment over the phom and have the update apply when I connected the cal to the spark.

I applied the update and after unplugging it, I plugged it back in to the pc and it updated some more.

Installed fine on the Jeep
Please let us know how the tunes perform.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't played with it much to be honest. I was tired and went to bed. I did however install the 87 octane tune and plan to play around with it some more tonight.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDrew
I haven't played with it much to be honest. I was tired and went to bed. I did however install the 87 octane tune and plan to play around with it some more tonight.
Cool, I'm hoping you have good luck with it and tell us all about it!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fwbtattooman
Cool, I'm hoping you have good luck with it and tell us all about it!
Ok.. As you know, got it installed this morning. Played around with it a little bit tonight. Still on the 87 octane tune, since my tank is about 3/4 full.

Installed 87 octane tune. ~ Installed without flaws or hiccups.
I set my fog lights to stay on when the high beams are on. ~ Works perfectly
Set my turn signals to be my daytime running lights. ~ Works perfectly
Lowered my cooling fan settings to come on Low speed at 200 and high speed at 215 (From Low at 215 and High at 230, I think.) ~ Hasn't been warm enough to kick on that I can tell.
Changed speed limiter from 99 mph to 105 mph. ~ Didn't test, just wanted to see if it would hold the setting, it did.
Changed TPMS from 29lbs (I think) to 15lbs. ~ Tires have 35lbs, so can't tell for sure if it works.
Checked throttle management and it was set to "SuperChips Map". ~ Seems to have more response.
Adjusted tire size to correct speedo. ~ MPH indicated on dash is as close at perfect match to GPS I could get. Was of 8mph at 70mph.
Data Logging option doesn't work. ~ Says not compatible with vehicle.

As far as "seat of the pants" feel, it does feel quite a bit more "peppy" than before. I have a lot of added weight from a stocker and it seems that mid-throttle has a lot more grunt and response than before. It seems that the shifting is a bit more accurate now, but I'll need more city driving to get a good feel for it.

Let's be honest, these programmers do make a difference, but it's not a huge dramatic difference. Your mind wants to believe that "its so much better" because you dropped some cash or "this didn't do a thing to make my jeep better" because you thought this would be a Hemi upgrade. I personally feel a difference. I spent years on the drag race scene and have a realistic idea of what a minor upgrade really is. I really didn't buy the tuning part to be able to race or make me go fast, I got it to help with the off-set of having bigger tires and a lot more weight making my Jeep sluggish. I feel that it has helped, but playing with the other tunes and settings could make a more noticeable feeling, not sure.

I can tell you that with the added weight of 5 35" tires, winch, huge tire carrier, bumpers, rock rails, 50 light bar etc, and lifted, I was definitely slower 0-60 than a stock unlimited.

Stock unlimiteds 0-60 time is around 8.7 or so. With all of my added weight, bigger tires etc, I'm back to stock 0-60 times, 8.8 sec, without giving it a serious try. I would say that the SuperChips HAS made a difference. I just can't tell you how much exactly. If I HAD to guess, I would say a couple of seconds AT MOST. For the added $179 to change my FlashCal to a FlashPaq, I'm happy. (However, I feel it should have been cheaper, like $150 for loyalty and retention.)

See video: (Phone mount was sideways, but the display is right side up. Don't judge my camera skills lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Zu0gJwf04 Recent pic's of my Jeep for added weight comparisons.

Last edited by JDrew; 02-21-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Problems with the new Superchips Flashcal 3570 Update!!