Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procal vs. flashcal

Old 06-15-2015, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default try the traildash, you will love it

Originally Posted by TJinaJKU
Ok...maybe I'm just bad at searching today so feel free to point me to previous threads if they exist... If not...other than display which looks way easier to work with on flashcal.....does one do something the other doesn't (specifically on a 2015 rubicon jku)

Just had traildash installed on my 2012 jk sport, also k&n cai intake & borla exhaust. WOW!!! what a difference
This thing is way cool, easy to use, does a bunch of stuff. Like clear codes, drag strip setting, different performance
and OFFroad and towing settings etc. etc. I know it's more money but IMO it's well worth it.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there an obvious way to tell for either of these 2 when buying used if it is locked to a previous VIN?

Only reason I'm asking is I may be buying a used flashcal locally from someone who bought it thinking it would work for a 08' Grand Cherokee. They plugged it in but Flashcal didn't recognize it.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
Is there an obvious way to tell for either of these 2 when buying used if it is locked to a previous VIN?

Only reason I'm asking is I may be buying a used flashcal locally from someone who bought it thinking it would work for a 08' Grand Cherokee. They plugged it in but Flashcal didn't recognize it.
You will know if you plug it in and try and reprogram and it wont. I would say meet in a parking lot and try it. AEV lets you know if it works by honking the horn X number of times depending on what you are doing. Ie speedo 2X. resetting it 3X
Old 07-05-2015, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TJinaJKU
Ok...maybe I'm just bad at searching today so feel free to point me to previous threads if they exist... If not...other than display which looks way easier to work with on flashcal.....does one do something the other doesn't (specifically on a 2015 rubicon jku)
Just spend the extra coin and get the superchips trail dash if u have the Rubicon. It's SOOOO worth it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150705_130325.png
Views:	221
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	617038

U can control ur sway bar, lockers and tpms Plus tons of other things
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Just spend the extra coin and get the superchips trail dash if u have the Rubicon. It's SOOOO worth it!

Attachment 617038

U can control ur sway bar, lockers and tpms Plus tons of other things
Ok...that looks sweet....but doesn't look like they have released for 2015 models yet.....might be worth waiting though. hioefully will come out soon...or heck...maybe they just haven't updated there website yet.

Quick Reply: Procal vs. flashcal