Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procal vs. flashcal

Old 06-12-2015, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procal vs. flashcal

Ok...maybe I'm just bad at searching today so feel free to point me to previous threads if they exist... If not...other than display which looks way easier to work with on flashcal.....does one do something the other doesn't (specifically on a 2015 rubicon jku)
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I was going back and forth and went with the flashcal, it does more things like read codes etc that the Procal does not. Plus the interface is easier to use. One positive of the procal is the wheel centering mode.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

The flashcal can be upgraded to the flashpaq, and the screen alone was the selling point for me.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 06-13-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Bought a flashcal recently after misplacing my procal. Couldn't get the tpms disable to work (the only reason for buying it). Wasted almost 2 weeks bouncing back and forth between several different 'techs', they would each just ignore further emails from me because they had no clue why it wasn't working. I was finally told that the flashcal/flashpaq do not adjust or turn off tpms on the JK. Yep, the current techs working for superchips had no clue that JK's have had the tpms disable feature since they first went into production, what, 7 or 8 years ago?

Asked for a refund, which they did not bother even replying to.

Then the second time I tried for a refund, I got a tech who didn't have his head stuck up his ass and the tpms function went through. What a joke. Wish I had just gone with another procal!!!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

You have to update the flashcal for free on there website to get it to shut off.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Wasn't an update issue, my Spark screen said it was fully up to date with no add-ons available. TPMS simply was not an option. As I said, their clueless techs even told me that the tpms was not available because it is not an option for jeep jk's. The final tech ended up writing a file and pushing it to my flashcal. Just piss poor customer service and tech support all along the way.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:16 AM
JK Junkie

I think it does have this feature. I saw it on mine!....
Old 06-13-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

on 07 and newer jk's you can read your codes by turning your key on and off 3x and ending with it in the on position. do a google search. but start with your key in the off position. Push in on the key and turn it to the last position just before the vehicle starts (if you engage the starter you went too far) back to off do this three times and stop in the on position and you can read your codes on odometer. YOu have to do it fast and takes some practice. The codes display quickly so be prepared to write them down. I have had several people tell me this won't work on their vehicles but when I tried it on their vehicles it works. Just have to be fast and smooth with turning the key on and off and ending on the on position. You need to push the key inwards as well or you cant be fast and smooth.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jadmt
on 07 and newer jk's you can read your codes by turning your key on and off 3x and ending with it in the on position. do a google search. but start with your key in the off position. Push in on the key and turn it to the last position just before the vehicle starts (if you engage the starter you went too far) back to off do this three times and stop in the on position and you can read your codes on odometer. YOu have to do it fast and takes some practice. The codes display quickly so be prepared to write them down. I have had several people tell me this won't work on their vehicles but when I tried it on their vehicles it works. Just have to be fast and smooth with turning the key on and off and ending on the on position. You need to push the key inwards as well or you cant be fast and smooth.
Cool. I use my Bluetooth module or my flashcal, much easier. for the amount a Bluetooth module is, I can't see any reason not to have one. But the flashcal is has many other functions too.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses...I didn't realize the flashcal could easily upgrade later to flashpaq. That's good to know

Quick Reply: Procal vs. flashcal