Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Programmer/Tuner? Need Your Input!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Which Programmer/Tuner? Need Your Input!

These are the ones I am looking at:
Superchips TrailDash
Superchips Flashcal
Superchips Flashpaq
Diablo Trinity
Bullydog GT

I was curious what the pros/cons and experiences you have had with any of these. I had an AEV Procal but the person who sold it to me didn't return it to stock so it allowed me one tune before it locked me out. Since I now have to buy another I was debating if I should spend the extra money for something like the Traildash/Bullydog/Trinity.

I do offroading probably once a month give or take and have a 2011 JK which is my daily driver. I am running 35's on 5:13 gears. I also have an overlanding trip planned and was curious if something of the likes of Traildash/Bullydog/Diablo would have more options for a trip such as this. Also, for those who run any of them, do you keep them mounted up near your dash all the time or can you disconnect it and mount it when needed?

Appreciate the help in advance!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently running the flashpaq I do think it's a great product tons of options for gear change and tire adjustment and super easy to use. I am also running 35s but with 4.10s and the shift points made a great difference.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the flashpaq too. One of my favorite mods so far. Night and day difference between stock tune vs one of the flashpaq tunes.

Edit: my FLASHPAQ stays in my center console, and I only plug it in to make changes. I don't leave it connected.

Last edited by TheNoob; 01-12-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the traildash for almost a month now. I have been on the trails three times with it. I have enjoyed all the options and am still setting up the different features each time I have been out.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texasradar
I have been running the traildash for almost a month now. I have been on the trails three times with it. I have enjoyed all the options and am still setting up the different features each time I have been out.
Do you have yours mounted at all times or mounted when on trails?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have the Flash Cal

Purchased the Flash Cal for the basic upgrades only to find out it did not do any engine tuning. But they saved the day and came out with downloadable programming that turns it into a Flash Pac which will do 5 different engine tunes.
2011 Rubicon JK. Mileage went from 14 to 18 HWY and stays steady at 15 in town. Noticeable acceleration improvement too.
If you want to do this on a budget, this is the way to go.
What is your impression on the 5:13 gearing as re-gearing for these mountains where I live is the next frustration step for me.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep it mounted at all times
Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texasradar
I keep it mounted at all times
Is there an option to disconnect after its installed?
Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by azphoto
Purchased the Flash Cal for the basic upgrades only to find out it did not do any engine tuning. But they saved the day and came out with downloadable programming that turns it into a Flash Pac which will do 5 different engine tunes. 2011 Rubicon JK. Mileage went from 14 to 18 HWY and stays steady at 15 in town. Noticeable acceleration improvement too. If you want to do this on a budget, this is the way to go. What is your impression on the 5:13 gearing as re-gearing for these mountains where I live is the next frustration step for me.
Definitely a noticeable difference for me. What size tires are you running?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor

Stay away from Diablo. They don't do enough testing before rolling out updates and can cause some major issues.

Quick Reply: Which Programmer/Tuner? Need Your Input!