Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling left / rear axle not centered

Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biginboca
So here's a question, I have a pull to the right and am thinking to adjust my castor on one side to correct it.

Which side gets the higher castor?
The right side or passenger side get the higher caster number
Old 10-15-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in your findings with the trail grapplers. I have a pull to the left with 35 x 12.50 x 18's. Finally took it in for an alignment, they claimed everything was good, but it still pulls left. I rotate every 5k, but always pulls left.

They recommended cam bolts, but then I saw the rancho or aev control arm drop brackets, but I have no idea if any of that would help with the left pull.

I also disconnected my stock steering stabilizer with no change.

I can post my alignment results if that would help.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

https://www.google.com/search?q=radi...a&channel=fflb

Feel free to read through any or all of the results.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by watson190
I'm interested in your findings with the trail grapplers. I have a pull to the left with 35 x 12.50 x 18's. Finally took it in for an alignment, they claimed everything was good, but it still pulls left. I rotate every 5k, but always pulls left. They recommended cam bolts, but then I saw the rancho or aev control arm drop brackets, but I have no idea if any of that would help with the left pull. I also disconnected my stock steering stabilizer with no change. I can post my alignment results if that would help.
Hopefully I'll have a report on it next week
Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

Different wheels/tires = same problem
Here's a reprint of the alignment I had done after my lift. If anyone has any thought?
Would that small amount of caster difference make a difference?? Could it be my rear toe?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see the attachment.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dlampe
I don't see the attachment.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4197308813.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	580861
Old 10-30-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still chasing my tail on this so I'm interested to see if you found an answer to your problem?

Does the wheelbase need to be exactly the same left to right or what tolerance is ok? Is a 1/2 inch out ok?

With an adjustable track bar, how close does it have to be? 1/4 inch?

I have trail grapplers also and I have read all about radial pull but if you switch them left to right, that should make them pull the other way correct? I don't see how the tire can cause a left pull regardless of what side of the Jeep the tires on.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dlampe
I'm still chasing my tail on this so I'm interested to see if you found an answer to your problem? Does the wheelbase need to be exactly the same left to right or what tolerance is ok? Is a 1/2 inch out ok? With an adjustable track bar, how close does it have to be? 1/4 inch? I have trail grapplers also and I have read all about radial pull but if you switch them left to right, that should make them pull the other way correct? I don't see how the tire can cause a left pull regardless of what side of the Jeep the tires on.
My adjustable rear track bar just arrived, I'm installing it tonight when I get home. After I get my axle exactly centered(close as possible ) then I'll let you know. As of now the prob has not been solved. Next step will be to even out the caster on both side instead of the factory .03* difference. I have a procal and I know my steering wheel is exactly centered. I'll post later tonight
Old 10-30-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is your wheelbase the same left to right?

Quick Reply: Pulling left / rear axle not centered