Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling left / rear axle not centered

Old 10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlampe
Is your wheelbase the same left to right?
This is called rear toe (I said wtf first time the alignment shop said they adjusted it). Essentially, the toe should be identical side to side, meaning the axle is perfectly parallel to the front axle. My arms were set to the same length, but it was still off. Once adjusted, it no longer pulled.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

This is called rear toe (I said wtf first time the alignment shop said they adjusted it). Essentially, the toe should be identical side to side, meaning the axle is perfectly parallel to the front axle. My arms were set to the same length, but it was still off. Once adjusted, it no longer pulled.
Damn what size tires? I believe the larger the tire (or more sidewall) the harder it is to notice this as the tire can move side to side more on the rim to help it drive less noticeably. I need to get mine on an alignment rack to get mine all dialed in eventually.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Which is why I adjusted my front axle using the lower CAs to be square with the frame. I then adjusted the rear axle to be parallel (square) with the front axle.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mds22
My adjustable rear track bar just arrived, I'm installing it tonight when I get home. After I get my axle exactly centered(close as possible ) then I'll let you know. As of now the prob has not been solved. Next step will be to even out the caster on both side instead of the factory .03* difference. I have a procal and I know my steering wheel is exactly centered. I'll post later tonight
Let us know where you're at on this issue, We just saw this post.

RK
Old 10-30-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is your thrust angle ?

Toe would be like the front, tires closer together in the front or rear. All JK's seem to have toe in the rear which is not adjustable.

Correct me if im wrong !!!

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-30-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The total amount of toe can not be changed in the rear but you can balance the amount of toe left to right built into the axle with adjustable arms.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Let us know where you're at on this issue, We just saw this post. RK
RK I'm a big fan. Love your quality

Adj Rear track bar installed, rear axle is centered to 1/32 of an inch. "Pulling to the left" is still there, but I can notice a difference. It is better, but definitely still pulling. Change lanes in less than 3 secs at 65mph. Any thoughts??

Originally Posted by Dlampe
Is your wheelbase the same left to right?
Wheel base is perfect left to right.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

RK I'm a big fan. Love your quality

Adj Rear track bar installed, rear axle is centered to 1/32 of an inch. "Pulling to the left" is still there, but I can notice a difference. It is better, but definitely still pulling. Change lanes in less than 3 secs at 65mph. Any thoughts??

Wheel base is perfect left to right.
Thanks, thats what we shoot for!

What size and kind of tires do you have on the rig again?

RK
Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Thanks, thats what we shoot for! What size and kind of tires do you have on the rig again? RK
35/18/12.5 TrailGrapplers
Old 06-16-2022, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

35/18/12.5 TrailGrapplers
did you ever resolve the pull issue mds22?

Quick Reply: Pulling left / rear axle not centered