Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulls o Centerline but Alignment shows good - Please help

Old 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulls o Centerline but Alignment shows good - Please help

I have a 2013 Unlimited. I have had it in 3 seperate times in a month to get aligned but each of them showed good. The jeep pulls to the centerline and its driving nuts not to mention a workout on my left arm. I am running Nitto Trail Grapplers(35x12.5xR17) with only 15K on them. Other than that I have a 2" lift.
Could this be an issue related to the lift. Last tech that checked aligment said he didn't think so because the Jeep is showing straight on the rack. I have tryed every combination with rotating the tires and no differance. Always pulls to the left. Please help with any ideas. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the stock steering stabilizer? If so it's probably just radial pull. Seems like all trail grapplers pull left, all toyo mt's pull right.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the pull start when you installed the lift? We have seen tires cause pulls like the one you have described, even brand new tires. I would see if you can get your hands on a different set from a buddy or something and if it goes away.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just like the others here have mentioned, some tires just have an inherent pull to them. Some in one direction others in the opposite. Also mentioned is that a high pressure stabilizer will cause a slight left hand pull as well.

RK

Quick Reply: Pulls o Centerline but Alignment shows good - Please help