Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rack system

Old 09-22-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack system

So I am in the market for buying a Rack System for my JKU. The only thing I will just it for is for putting two Stand Up Paddle boards on. As I am doing research there are a lot of the choose from. But the chooses get smaller when you add the fact that I still want to be able to put down my soft top. So I am hoping that some of you can guide me in the right direction. I have kind of narrow it down to three racks, The Warrior Water Sports rack, Garvin Adventure Rack and the Sherpa Sport Rack. Does anybody have any one of the three on a 4 Door and maybe can post some pics. The only pictures I can really find are the ones that the manufacture puts up. And all three manufactures state that putting up the and down the soft top with easy. Which is something I have a hard time believing. Also I have been trying to find videos of these racks in “action” so to speak. But really couldn’t find anything. So any reviews would help.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE="Dannyboy76;3985208"]So I am in the market for buying a Rack System for my JKU. The only thing I will just it for is for putting two Stand Up Paddle boards on. As I am doing research there are a lot of the choose from. But the chooses get smaller when you add the fact that I still want to be able to put down my soft top. So I am hoping that some of you can guide me in the right direction. I have kind of narrow it down to three racks, The Warrior Water Sports rack, Garvin Adventure Rack and the Sherpa Sport Rack. Does anybody have any one of the three on a 4 Door and maybe can post some pics. The only pictures I can really find are the ones that the manufacture puts up. And all three manufactures state that putting up the and down the soft top with easy. Which is something I have a hard time believing. Also I have been trying to find videos of these racks in “action” so to speak. But really couldn’t find anything. So any reviews would help.[/QUOTE

I looked at racks, but worried that I had a problem with my garage, so I bought a trailer from Northern Tool (under $500) instead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-277653398.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	576795
Old 09-22-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

I know it's not what you're looking for... hard top rack... but Yakima works great for me. No clearance problems with the crossbars off.

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Soft Tops From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5867.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	576854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00525-20120109-1721.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	576855  
Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Rugged Ridge Shepard:

Best deal I have found, however Jason at Krawl Offroad matched this price
11703.02 - Rugged Ridge Sherpa Roof Rack 07-14 Wranglers 4 Doors

This is what I liked best about this rack is the windshield mounting points.

Top off

Overall I like the rack, I am building a custom basket for it as I bought this with the intention of modifying it.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Dannyboy76
So I am in the market for buying a Rack System for my JKU. The only thing I will just it for is for putting two Stand Up Paddle boards on. As I am doing research there are a lot of the choose from. But the chooses get smaller when you add the fact that I still want to be able to put down my soft top. So I am hoping that some of you can guide me in the right direction. I have kind of narrow it down to three racks, The Warrior Water Sports rack, Garvin Adventure Rack and the Sherpa Sport Rack. Does anybody have any one of the three on a 4 Door and maybe can post some pics. The only pictures I can really find are the ones that the manufacture puts up. And all three manufactures state that putting up the and down the soft top with easy. Which is something I have a hard time believing. Also I have been trying to find videos of these racks in “action” so to speak. But really couldn’t find anything. So any reviews would help.

We have a Patent Pending Roof rack coming out here in October. The roof rack allows you to access your soft top without removing any of the gear that you have stored on the roof. We will have pics here this coming week. Give us a call and we will be happy to help you out if you have any questions on it!

Thanks

Chris
LoD
765-385-0631
Old 09-26-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
We have a Patent Pending Roof rack coming out here in October. The roof rack allows you to access your soft top without removing any of the gear that you have stored on the roof. We will have pics here this coming week. Give us a call and we will be happy to help you out if you have any questions on it! Thanks Chris LoD 765-385-0631
Looking forward to that!!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
We have a Patent Pending Roof rack coming out here in October. The roof rack allows you to access your soft top without removing any of the gear that you have stored on the roof. We will have pics here this coming week. Give us a call and we will be happy to help you out if you have any questions on it!

Thanks

Chris
LoD
765-385-0631
I can't wait to see this.....I can order it when I order my bumpers and sliders.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

It has been in the works here for quite a few months, We should have pics here within a week! We are very happy with how it turned out, its unlike any other rack on the market, especially since it allows access to the soft top. It can also mount LED light Bars and it has a bunch of other features as well.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

I have LoD front and rear bumpers and sliders. They are very well made. Can't wait to see the rack. (there goes more of my money)
Old 09-29-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

About 6 weeks ago I ran over to LoD to pickup my front bumper and they had the prototype roof rack on the shop jk and it looked pretty nice!!

Quick Reply: Rack system