Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rampage Products Customer Support is Terrible

Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Products Customer Support is Terrible

I purchased the Rampage Products locking hood latches and one of them has a broken lock. When I told them about it, they told me I had to pay for return shipping and a deposit of $50 for them to send me out a replacement set. If they didn't seem to feel that the problem was actually a manufacturing defect, they would keep the deposit. If I didn't pay the deposit, I would have to put my stock hood latches back on and then replace them again when they sent me a replacement set.

Their customer support sucks! So, I told them that I would keep my crappy Rampage hood locks on until I can find a replacement that is NOT made by Rampage and I will never buy another Rampage Product part!

Most companies will ship you out a replacement ASAP and supply you with a return shipping label - all free of any charges.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snags922
I purchased the Rampage Products locking hood latches and one of them has a broken lock. When I told them about it, they told me I had to pay for return shipping and a deposit of $50 for them to send me out a replacement set. If they didn't seem to feel that the problem was actually a manufacturing defect, they would keep the deposit. If I didn't pay the deposit, I would have to put my stock hood latches back on and then replace them again when they sent me a replacement set.

Their customer support sucks! So, I told them that I would keep my crappy Rampage hood locks on until I can find a replacement that is NOT made by Rampage and I will never buy another Rampage Product part!

Most companies will ship you out a replacement ASAP and supply you with a return shipping label - all free of any charges.
That sucks!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snags922

What a let down, that really sucks.. I really like my Rampage locking hood latches, too bad the customer service sounds crappy.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you purchase them direct or through a company like Quadratec?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who sends out a second order without payment? Very unlikely and sounds like a scenario where they lose. I bet if you bought a another set and returned the first they would refund the cost. That would be very reasonable.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Who sends out a second order without payment? Very unlikely and sounds like a scenario where they lose. I bet if you bought a another set and returned the first they would refund the cost. That would be very reasonable.
x2 yeah that does make sense.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ncb
Did you purchase them direct or through a company like Quadratec?
Purchased through a company that unfortunately is no longer in business - AutoShepherd.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bbrown626
I shouldn't have to do that to get them to stand behind their product!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the feeling. I ordered one of their bumpers and when I got it home there were a couple sanding makes on it. When I emailed them I never got a response. Went back to the store I ordered it from and they ordered me a replacement. It came in Thursday and didn't have any hardware with it. Not happy with Rampage and will probably go a different route for rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-441896771.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	399177   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-767270422.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	399178  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems reasonable to ask for a deposit but seems unreasonable they would question the defect and possibly keep your money. You know the thing probably only cost them a few bucks anyways. So much for goodwill...

Quick Reply: Rampage Products Customer Support is Terrible