Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho RS9000XL shocks: I'm a believer

Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Sounds like a spring issue or the Jeep is overloaded. The shock is only there to control the amount of rebound or to dampen spring oscillations. In other words it's there to smooth out the ride.
X2
I've also heard the 5000's are like the 9000's set a 5. Most people I know including myself run 3/4. Something else is going on.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Sounds like a spring issue or the Jeep is overloaded. The shock is only there to control the amount of rebound or to dampen spring oscillations. In other words it's there to smooth out the ride.
Jeep can't be overloaded it is empty lol. Rancho, what is your take on this problem? It I go into driveways with any speed the back end hits bumpstop. Same thing if I go across railroad tracks with any speed. I have been running rancho products for years with no problems.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FireRescue707
Jeep can't be overloaded it is empty lol. Rancho, what is your take on this problem? It I go into driveways with any speed the back end hits bumpstop. Same thing if I go across railroad tracks with any speed. I have been running rancho products for years with no problems.
Fire - thanks for your service -, if it is in fact the bumpstops you're hearing/feeling, it can really only be inadequate springs and/or too tall of stops. I also can't imagine it'd be prevalent even without a shock at all, but it may be worth pulling them to see if they have the resistance they should or if there's an internal leak.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fire, got your PM, let me know what the P/N on the shocks are too.
Fredrock, how are you? The JK should finally be done this week, took a while to find the Rubi case.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
Fire, got your PM, let me know what the P/N on the shocks are too.
Fredrock, how are you? The JK should finally be done this week, took a while to find the Rubi case.
Rancho RS66107 Suspension System
Rancho RS5329 RS5000 Series Shock
Rancho RS5330 RS5000 Series Shock
Old 10-21-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
Great Matt and I hope you as well! It's always something dude, you know that.

On the road a lot lately but hope to wheel next week and/or week of 11/2 before the snow flies. Les git!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Ha! That week I will be in Vegas for SEMA....
Fire check your PM's too.

Originally Posted by fredrok
Great Matt and I hope you as well! It's always something dude, you know that.

On the road a lot lately but hope to wheel next week and/or week of 11/2 before the snow flies. Les git!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine arrived today. Excited to get them installed except apparently the decals are not factory applied and all 4 of my decals have holes in them from the shock posts.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Message me your name and address, I know a guy.

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
Mine arrived today. Excited to get them installed except apparently the decals are not factory applied and all 4 of my decals have holes in them from the shock posts.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-24-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

didn't there used to be a kit for the 9000's that allowed you to adjustment in the jeep? I remember you could run lines to each shock and adjust them with air lines or something like that.

Quick Reply: Rancho RS9000XL shocks: I'm a believer