Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which rear bumper do you run with your AEV front bumper?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rear bumper do you run with your AEV front bumper?

I do like the AEV rear bumper but the price is "up there" compared with alternatives. I don't care about tire carrier (already have the Terraflex hinge mount), liquid storage or attachment options, but I do care about durability and aesthetics.

So what are your recommendations on a different rear bumper to compliment the AEV Premium front? I may decide to pony up the cash for an all-AEV rig but still interested in what others have and if you're happy with it.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I run the rear AEV. Keep a check on Craigslist, as they pop up from time to time. If you ever plan on running anything above a 35" tire, get ready for the bumpstops. Anything above a 37" tire is going to require new fenders, or the cutting of factory fenders. I think it would look weird, seeing as how the contours of the AEV bumpers follow the contours of the factory fenders. Just something to think about. I'm holding at 35's...but I really don't want to! Already regeared to 5.38 with completely built axles!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep couldn't agree more with contours. I'm ok with my 35s but I really want flat fenders now and it just won't look right. Already thinking what I would do on the next Jeep.

I think you're right...best thing to do is keep eye on craigslist...saw a few but they are too far to go get without shipping and I'm sure that won't be cheap.

Originally Posted by jsukey
I run the rear AEV. Keep a check on Craigslist, as they pop up from time to time. If you ever plan on running anything above a 35" tire, get ready for the bumpstops. Anything above a 37" tire is going to require new fenders, or the cutting of factory fenders. I think it would look weird, seeing as how the contours of the AEV bumpers follow the contours of the factory fenders. Just something to think about. I'm holding at 35's...but I really don't want to! Already regeared to 5.38 with completely built axles!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Just got to keep a weathered eye! I going my front and rear AEV's for $1800 about a year and a half ago. That didn't include the tire carrier though. I added it later, along with the water tank kit. I absolutely love the look of them though. I get compliments on them all the time. Especially packed with a Warn Zeon 10-S, LED fogs, added bull bar, water tank, and one of the best operating tire carriers that I've seen yet. No noise from it whatsoever. It's solid as it can be!!
Old 06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you seen this?

Poison Spyder Northridge Edition Rear Brawler Bumper For AEV Tire Carrier ONLY - 17-61-040

it is a Poison spyder brawler rear bumper designed to use the AEV tire carrier.

David
Old 06-30-2015, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

That is a great alternative for people who want a quality tire carrier, but it still presents a problem with the front bumper. I suppose someone with excellent metal skills could cut the ends of the front bumper off, and fill in with a filler plate. Just depends on how far you're willing to go though.

Quick Reply: Which rear bumper do you run with your AEV front bumper?