Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear factory isolators?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmac1225
Anyone out there not using the rear factory isolators with their leveling kit? If so do the springs sit securely without them?
I was wondering this recently since I was adding spacers to my rear. I searched and searched till I started looking up install directions. Daystar and teraflex both say to install the spacer with the factory isolator
AEV says to discard them. I discarded mine. If you want to secure your springs, you need to install coil retainers that bolt onto the bottom of your coils. Jks makes some.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moz832006

I was wondering this recently since I was adding spacers to my rear. I searched and searched till I started looking up install directions. Daystar and teraflex both say to install the spacer with the factory isolator
AEV says to discard them. I discarded mine. If you want to secure your springs, you need to install coil retainers that bolt onto the bottom of your coils. Jks makes some.
The factory isolators don't secure the spring anyway and the way I saw it was because of this you have three moving parts back there with the spring, isolator, and spacer. Without it only two and less movement. Besides my isolator crushed almost completely on one side.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Yea I think im going to eventually ditch the rear isolators. Since its ok not to use them I think it will look better without them. Thanks for the info fellas
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jmac1225
I like the look and the black wheels!
Thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 AM
JK Freak

Default 1.75 Daystar coil spacers lift?????

Originally Posted by snytribe
When I installed the Daystar 1.75 lift last spring I did not put the rear isolator back in and have not had any problems.

Attachment 414146
When you say you had the Daystar 1.75 lift.....you're talking about 1.75" spacers lift? 1.75" front and 1.75" back? If it's the case, did you had to add anything else (adjustable track bar, longer links, shock extensions...) or just the spacers?

Quick Reply: Rear factory isolators?