Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Fender Flare delete

Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Fender Flare delete

I took off my rear fender flares because I felt they weren't necessary or visually appealing (I have the EVO off road bumper fascia so when looking at the Jeep from behind, it looked really bulky and wide with the fenders). I really like the look of no rear fenders but I hate the indent and open holes that the bolts went through. MetalCloak has a product that covers the holes and indent with a sheet of metal but it makes the wheel well round, not like the triangle shape it normally is (which is what I would like to keep). Any suggestions on how I can modify the rear bumper delete?
Old 11-27-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately you pretty much have to go custom, or go with a round wheel well from MC, EVO or River Raider. JCR made these corners for their shop rig, but they said production wasnt feasible at that time. They are exactly what I was looking for and I'm still hoping they produce them.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately you pretty much have to go custom, or go with a round wheel well from MC, EVO or River Raider. JCR made these corners for their shop rig, but they said production wasnt feasible at that time. They are exactly what I was looking for and I'm still hoping they produce them.

I was wondering if it would be logical to trim the wheel well of the MC rear corners and get the look that I want.

I wish JCR still made that product cause it sounds perfect. Have you emailed or called them to see if they have some laying around In the back (and possibly special order them)?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

River Raider will send blank corners for you to trim or will cut them for you if you can tell them exactly what you want. Otherwise, buy some sheet and cut it. If you're not trying to go around the corner, it is as easy as it gets.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel

I will definitely try River Raider. Do I need to call and special order?
Old 11-27-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wsullivan1221
I will definitely try River Raider. Do I need to call and special order?
Without knowing exactly what you want, I'd recommend calling. They'll walk you through the options.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

If your Jeep is a DD or drive it on the road quite a bit then will this rear fender delete be illegal in most states ?
Old 11-28-2014, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wsullivan1221
I was wondering if it would be logical to trim the wheel well of the MC rear corners and get the look that I want.

I wish JCR still made that product cause it sounds perfect. Have you emailed or called them to see if they have some laying around In the back (and possibly special order them)?
That was a one off set on that Jeep so they wouldnt have any floating around. I did contact them a while back to see if they would consider production and they said no. Hopefully that will change.

Like someone else has said, river raider would probably be the way to go. Problem is their lead times can be 3+ months from what I've heard. Since your on the east coast, I'd consider giving Krawl Daddy Offroad a call and see if they can make you a set with your desired wheel opening.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would look for a local shop to bend some corners for you. You would be surprisded at what you can get custom made vs buying and shipping big heavy things. I have the river raider blanks that were custom ordered and would not go thru that again. I would also do aluminum corners to save the weight if I do them again.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
If your Jeep is a DD or drive it on the road quite a bit then will this rear fender delete be illegal in most states ?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quick Reply: Rear Fender Flare delete