Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using River Raider Skid Plate (Complete system)

Old 12-20-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using River Raider Skid Plate (Complete system)

http://riverraider.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products _id=128&zenid=a4mosht106kllje63u1217tfa7

And how do you think about this product.

Last edited by Robar; 12-20-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wolfmanii
http://riverraider.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products _id=128&zenid=a4mosht106kllje63u1217tfa7

And how do you think about this product.
I have the oil pan and trans skid: they are stout and pretty easy install even for non mechanics like me. The instructions suck but doable. I plan on getting the rest when the funds get replenished. I painted mine with flat black rustoleum.

Last edited by Robar; 12-20-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Edited clickable link
Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

I'm planning on purchasing the whole system this spring can't wait to hear what those who have it say
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the full system for my 2 dr. Like BuckLisa said, the install is not hard but the directions are not very good at all. You do need to trim part of the stock gas tank skid for the RR's to fit.
Only 'problem' I ran into was a hanger on their gas tank skid had to be bent out about 1/2" or so because it would not fit around the stock piece. Kind of a pia, but I'd imagine it'd be impossible for every install to be the same. Besides that, these things are solid and well made. I went for bare steel, did 3 coats of bedliner then a couple coats of gloss black. Ended up with a semi-gloss/semi-textured finish that has been holding up great even after hearing these things at work on the rocks. In my opinion its the best coverage for the price for those that want to go full skids. The Treks are also really nice, little bit more coverage, but more $$$.

Some pics

Old 01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quick wake-up to the RROR questioning,
I'm looking to order a full set for my 4dr for when I'm in TN in March. What's the lead time / shipping time like? Did you order direct from RROR or from a sponsor?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the full system for my unlimited and it is sweet. The directions do suck but it's not tough to figure out. I also have the evap skid. Quality stuff. I got them in bare steel and gave them all two good coats of duplicolor bedliner. Easy to touch up. Lead time was not too bad. They are heavy but they are rock solid.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just received the full aluminum powdercoated set yesterday, haven't installed yet... It was pretty amazing picking up two boxes at a time and carrying them, they're incredibly light.

I'll post some pics of install and completed once the rain subsides long enough for me to get out there.

Quick Reply: Anybody using River Raider Skid Plate (Complete system)