JK Freak

Default Rear license plate relocation

A couple of years back i saw a thread on how to remove the rear license plate and relocate, and there was a way to plug the hole left behind when you remove the rear oem plate. Anyone out there have any idea where to find this? I want to put my license plate on the rear bumper with an led light, and have the oem location cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by largo View Post
    A couple of years back i saw a thread on how to remove the rear license plate and relocate, and there was a way to plug the hole left behind when you remove the rear oem plate. Anyone out there have any idea where to find this? I want to put my license plate on the rear bumper with an led light, and have the oem location cleaned up.
    was just reading another thread on the -how-to.... part number 55397112AA from your local dealership

a quick google search of "Jeep 55397112aa" should get you a good idea of pricing... somewhere between $8 and $15
    JEEPLESS... Sold it when Trans about died.
    Now I Jeep vicariously through my brother.
    -------------------------------------------------
    2007 Black Sahara Unlimited
    - 6 Speed, Dual Tops
    - 6 DVD - upgrade to MyGig
    - Purchased Sep '06
    Shrockworks mid front.
    Rugged Ridge XHD rear bumper with swing arm.
    Tuffy Security Deck and under seat storage
    "Custom" lift... between 3" and 4"
    35" tires

Props to the following vendors - all have treated me well.
    DiscoutTireDirect.com
    Quatratec
    Northridge4x4.com

JK-Forum Founder

you can get the plug from http://www.moparonlineparts.com/Jeep_JK.php or from your dealership but, it will be more expensive there. the relocation bracket attaches to your spare and is made by rock hard http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=PKG-OROLED

JK Enthusiast

My local dealer had them in stock for ~$13 + tax as I recall. Relocating the license plate makes it look so much cleaner in the back, IMHO.

Poison Spyder also carries them. I had some other stuff to order so picked it up at the same time //shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-License-Plate-Delete-p/17-04-112.htm"]shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-License-Plate-Delete-p/17-04-112.htm[/URL]
    Last edited by mkjeep; 01-29-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clickys
    Gadget & Son
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - Red Rock, Khaki Interior

6. Default JK-Forum