Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear license plate relocation

Old 01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear license plate relocation

A couple of years back i saw a thread on how to remove the rear license plate and relocate, and there was a way to plug the hole left behind when you remove the rear oem plate. Anyone out there have any idea where to find this? I want to put my license plate on the rear bumper with an led light, and have the oem location cleaned up.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by largo
A couple of years back i saw a thread on how to remove the rear license plate and relocate, and there was a way to plug the hole left behind when you remove the rear oem plate. Anyone out there have any idea where to find this? I want to put my license plate on the rear bumper with an led light, and have the oem location cleaned up.
was just reading another thread on the -how-to.... part number 55397112AA from your local dealership

a quick google search of "Jeep 55397112aa" should get you a good idea of pricing... somewhere between $8 and $15
Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you can get the plug from http://www.moparonlineparts.com/Jeep_JK.php or from your dealership but, it will be more expensive there. the relocation bracket attaches to your spare and is made by rock hard http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=PKG-OROLED
Old 01-28-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

My local dealer had them in stock for ~$13 + tax as I recall. Relocating the license plate makes it look so much cleaner in the back, IMHO.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Poison Spyder also carries them. I had some other stuff to order so picked it up at the same time //shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-License-Plate-Delete-p/17-04-112.htm"]shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-License-Plate-Delete-p/17-04-112.htm[/URL]

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-29-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clickys

Quick Reply: Rear license plate relocation