Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear sway bar and pinion angle

Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear sway bar and pinion angle

This past weekend I installed my metalcloak 2.5" arb lift, Tom Woods 1310 front and rear driveshafts, but when it came time to put the wheel spacers on I realized I ordered the wrong lug pattern. With out the wheel spacers i cannot run my rear sway bar, should I park it till I can get my sway bar connected or would it be alright to drive without it? Also what should the pinion angle be for the rear driveshaft now that i have adjustable uppers?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
This past weekend I installed my metalcloak 2.5" arb lift, Tom Woods 1310 front and rear driveshafts, but when it came time to put the wheel spacers on I realized I ordered the wrong lug pattern. With out the wheel spacers i cannot run my rear sway bar, should I park it till I can get my sway bar connected or would it be alright to drive without it? Also what should the pinion angle be for the rear driveshaft now that i have adjustable uppers?
you can drive fine without it.

On the rear you want to put an angle finder on the bottom of the dif and on the driveshaft and get the degrees as close to the same as you can.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
you can drive fine without it. On the rear you want to put an angle finder on the bottom of the dif and on the driveshaft and get the degrees as close to the same as you can.
Awsome I appreciate the help now just have to find an angle finder!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

You want the pinion to be 2* below the DS.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay so do if i get the angles from the center of the drive shaft and at the flange it should give me the correct adjustments to make?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
Okay so do if i get the angles from the center of the drive shaft and at the flange it should give me the correct adjustments to make?
correct, i always used the flat part by the yoke and the female spline part of the driveshaft. As kjeeper said you want to be within 2 degrees. This more crucial on the rear as its low pinion, the hi pinion fronts are usually a compromise between caster and pinion.

Quick Reply: Rear sway bar and pinion angle