Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebush job on RE 4.5"

Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebush job on RE 4.5"

Started this tonight. Pretty damn easy. Spend the 49 bucks and get a 1 ton arbor press from harbor freight. On the superflex joint, remember there is a worm screw locking it together. I fought that for a hour. If I'd have cleaned the arm first I would have seen it. Also with the press you don't need to freeze the bushings or apply soap, just square em up and BAM, tight like a virgin. I had 90k on my bushings so I am finding most are split. Probably kno k out the rear arms this weekend and the fronts next weekend. I want to see how it tightens back up. Let me know if you have any questions...
Old 03-07-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished the back, starting the front now. Should have done this a while ago. Pretty easy and a world of difference!!

Quick Reply: Rebush job on RE 4.5"