Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recently installed lift and tires. Couple issues... Advice before I spend more money.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KoolerJK
Alright I got the drag link found I'm gonna use. heres my next problem. I'm having esp/trac issues because the steering isn't centered?? ive centered the steering wheel 3 times and it bounces between left side or right side acting up. There anyway to fix this without a dealer visit? I have a Flashpaq but apparently been told it won't do anything far as that goes, id have to buy a procal. If that's so that's to be ignorant. Spend more money for more features not less! and yes I know to check the driveshafts. Mostly street driving with the occasional off road trip.
Its prob your steering angles and bumpsteer causing the TC issues. Remove the bracket until you get the DL installed.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Alright I removed the front TB bracket and also found out the top shock bushings up front weren't working properly so I ended up swapping bushings from the stock rubi shocks. About to test drive and see how she acts.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KoolerJK
Alright I removed the front TB bracket and also found out the top shock bushings up front weren't working properly so I ended up swapping bushings from the stock rubi shocks. About to test drive and see how she acts.
Sooo?
Old 03-01-2016, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Bump steer is gone. Ended up readjusting the drag link to close to factory length. so far no more esp/trac issues. Thanks guys for the advice. Starting to save the few extra bucks to order a HD drag link.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'd suggest the caster correction first.

Then before you throw money at a new draglink, and a new axle side trackbar bracket, and drilling out the knuckle, and ..., drive it with proper caster and see what you think. You just might decide not to hassle with the flip, or put it further down on your priority list.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the help guys.
i am picking up the CA brackets from RC this week and gonna put them on this weekend and see how it acts.

Quick Reply: Recently installed lift and tires. Couple issues... Advice before I spend more money.