Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ridge grappler on ice and snow so far

Old 01-06-2017, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ridge grappler on ice and snow so far

been running them in 305 70 17 for two days on snow and ice and so far I'm real impressed. They are worlds better then the mud terrains that came on my willys. They seem smoother riding then the mud terrains to boot. But I did have the mt at 32lbs and these at 28 so that might make the difference ad also youd have to factor in the new spring with th rubicon express 2.5 lift and the bilsteen shocks. If duratracs and bfg ats are better in snow and ice then they must be just amazing because I sure cant fault these yet. Very quiet to boot. No louder then a snow tire on a car. Shop that balanced and installed them does most of the 4x4 work around here and the guys said that it was the easiest big tire to balance they've had in the shop. They were as impressed as I am when they test drove it after install and alignment. There actually better then the bfg ATs I have on my tj but that's a different vehicle and the tires, well in good shape with lots of thread, are the old design and there probably 10 years old and getting a bit hard.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

We finally got a little snow yesterday and was able to test out my Ridge Grapplers. They did great and kept traction without problems up a few steep hills and some back roads around town. Not much ice though. I continue to be impressed by these tires.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds pretty normal for a Nitto AT. I ran the Terra Grapplers with a lot of success.

Thinking about going with the Terras or Ridge Graps on my truck next.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know, I have 34 inch Terra Grapplers G2's on my 2 Door, with 3 inch lift. 4000 miles on them. I thought the BF Goodrich M/T's much were better.

I found that the Terra Grapplers are not so good on plowed/packed roads, but really good on fresh snow. Under braking I'm having some problems, and the Jeep seems to want to crab around in a 4 wheel drift at times. I'm running 29 Lbs of tire pressure. Anybody else have these issues?

Quick Reply: ridge grappler on ice and snow so far