Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK 2.5 Stock Mod??

Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 2.5 Stock Mod??

Sorry if this has been asked, I could not find it anywhere. To begin I have a 14 JKU Sahara. As far as off-road a few times per month, mostly trails, and down on the river. I have been looking at the RK 2.5 Stock Mod, and was curious should I be adding anything to the kit to make it more complete, or is it pretty much ready with everything in the box. Sorry for the noob question I am new to the lifted vehicle world.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by El_Jeepster
Sorry if this has been asked, I could not find it anywhere. To begin I have a 14 JKU Sahara. As far as off-road a few times per month, mostly trails, and down on the river. I have been looking at the RK 2.5 Stock Mod, and was curious should I be adding anything to the kit to make it more complete, or is it pretty much ready with everything in the box. Sorry for the noob question I am new to the lifted vehicle world.
add shocks and bump stops.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
add shocks and bump stops.
This is correct. Unless you purchase a stage 1 or stage two the shocks and bumpstops are not included. Otherwise, this kit includes all that is needed for installation.

RK
Old 02-09-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

I am looking to do the same kit and then get the Rancho 9000 shocks.

I was debating coils and liked that the fronts on the RK are Progressive coils vs linear. What are your guys opinions on RK coils vs some other 2.5 coils out there. I will be doing the same limited trails and mostly road driving. That being said i want quality and dont mind spending the extra money for better qaulity parts. I plan to add control arms down the road.

Been trying to find threads on what coils are better quality or better for streets.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Andysamuel18

I was debating coils and liked that the fronts on the RK are Progressive coils vs linear. What are your guys opinions on RK coils vs some other 2.5 coils out there. I will be doing the same limited trails and mostly road driving. That being said i want quality and dont mind spending the extra money for better qaulity parts. I plan to add control arms down the road.

Been trying to find threads on what coils are better quality or better for streets.
I love the way my 2 door rides with rk coils, rides better than any other 2 door I have driven.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have some package deals if you are looking for a more complete kit

4 Door:
Rock Krawler JKU 2.5 Stock Mod System Kit W/ Bilstein Shocks, 4 Door- JK25SM-4KIT

2 Door:
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Stock Mod System Kit w/Bilstein Shocks, 2 Door - JK25SM-2KIT

We can also get any of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits if you want the RRD Shocks.

Shoot me a pm for more info or give us a call at 866-601-5340

-Tim
Old 02-09-2016, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Andysamuel18

I have the 2.5" RK triple rates and they ride extremely well on and off road. The RK also have a nice long free height so they stay in place when drooped.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:38 AM
GJK
JK Newbie

I am very happy with my RK system. RK designed the coils to work with the lift and either bilsteins or RK shocks. If you want simple, stay with the package proven to work.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

jadmt

did you just buy the RK coils? or you get the stock mod kit. Are the triple rate coils the same as the coils that come in the stock mod kit? I saw that the fronts on the kit are progressive and rears are linear. thats why im asking.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Might want to add some LCA's up front to get a little better feel in the steering.

Quick Reply: RK 2.5 Stock Mod??