Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Offroad Pro Long Arm Length vs Other Brands

Old 02-04-2017, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RK Offroad Pro Long Arm Length vs Other Brands

Thinking I'm going to get the RK Offroad Pro long arm for my JKU. I just have a question about the front lower and possibly upper arm lengths.

From looking at pictures, the arms almost look like a regular mid arm length. When I see pictures of say, Teraflex long arm equipped JKU's, they seem way way longer.

On the other hand, the TF upper arms are very short for a long arm system, especially in the rear. This is why I don't want teraflex. I get 10% off RK parts and their warranty and customer service are off the charts.

Does anyone run the RK off-road pro long arm on a jku? I have a hard time finding any pictures of this system on anyone's rigs on forums.

Anybody know why their front arms seem so short for a long arm system? Am I just crazy? If Rock Krawler has anything to say I'd be glad to hear it.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably because the stock arms are pretty damn long. Extending them a foot makes them 3' which is pretty long, at least I think so.

Longer in the rear seems very appealing but depends on your use.

You're the dude running 37s with no lift right?

Still no lift planned even with long arms? Or maybe jus a lil bit?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
Probably because the stock arms are pretty damn long. Extending them a foot makes them 3' which is pretty long, at least I think so. Longer in the rear seems very appealing but depends on your use. You're the dude running 37s with no lift right? Still no lift planned even with long arms? Or maybe jus a lil bit?
I have about 4" of lift right now due to my jeep being so light. Tried to set up the rear at 2.5" and it ended up about 4" so I leveled the front up to that height. Never planned on not having a lift at all. Didn't plan on being this tall until I went 40s though. Which will be after I get a set of PR60s or Ultimate 60s. Here is the jeep as of now

Not trying to be an ass but that reply on the arms leaves a lot to be desired....I'll say it that way. Look at any long arm kit and especially custom made arms and they're all very long. There's a reason behind the design of a long arm. The stock arms are not that long like you act. Yes they're much longer than previous jeep models and that's because the jk it bigger as a whole. But they are still "short" arms despite being closer to "mid" arm length than other jeep models. The angle at which mine sit and the way they perform and feel even at 2.5 sucked and especially now that it's at 4" it sucks big time. Pinion angles screwed. Want better on road feel that comes with long arm at this height. So I'm asking about the reason behind the apparently short length of this particular long arm. I want the pro kit due to the high strength and light weight aluminum construction. And the joints are greasable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3718155460.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	581.6 KB
ID:	665952  

Last edited by gnarly_mike; 02-05-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfectly understand, reading it back now I think you got my point. As terribly as I interpreted it, the arms on jk models are longer when compared to others.

That is one sweet looking jeep. Two thumbs up!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I've got a RK pro 3 link LA kit. lowers front are 34" rears are 35".

Joints and arms can take a beating..

I've had a Teraflex LA kit and would not recommend their joints.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caryt
I've got a RK pro 3 link LA kit. lowers front are 34" rears are 35". Joints and arms can take a beating.. I've had a Teraflex LA kit and would not recommend their joints.
What height are you at? How's the day to day ride quality? I know it will shine on the trails so I am wondering about daily driving characteristics. I mean I understand it's a solid axle vehicle but I'm trying to get mine to feel as good as it can when I'm done with it. Hopefully some properly tuned coilovers will do a good bit towards this.

Does it still come raw or is it black like the rest of RK stuff?

Last edited by gnarly_mike; 02-05-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
Perfectly understand, reading it back now I think you got my point. As terribly as I interpreted it, the arms on jk models are longer when compared to others. That is one sweet looking jeep. Two thumbs up!
Thank you sir
Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caryt
I've got a RK pro 3 link LA kit.
Also, I've got front and rear Currie Antirocks on the way, how do you think it will ride with the 3-links and antirocks? Too much body movement for DD? Or pretty much the same until I'm really articulating off-road?

Can you post some shots of the arms from the side of the jeep?

Last edited by gnarly_mike; 02-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you go to our page and click on support then installation instructions scroll down to jk long arm off road pro. This will give you all the lengths of the arms!

RK
Old 02-07-2017, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I modded the front lower frame brackets so I could fully flex the 11" shocks. My ride height is 5"
Side-hills great, street manors are better than stock.
I have a Currie 1" rear and a ORO front sway bar.
Weigh's 6400 lbs as it sits.

In the process of doing my LS-6l80e swap.
C/O-Bypass all 4 corners , keeping the front 3 link but will go to a double tringulated 4 link in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	666121  

Quick Reply: RK Offroad Pro Long Arm Length vs Other Brands