Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 02-08-2016, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted
Please don't take this the wrong way as I do not know who installed your lift or what their level of experience is....

When the lift was installed, was the Jeep fully "weight on wheels" when torqueing the joints that have bushings? If not, this will cause premature wear.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. There should be no reason for these bushings to wear so quickly.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I was thinking exactly the same thing. There should be no reason for these bushings to wear so quickly.
Same here. I have 48,000 miles on mine. She gets wheeled once a month and wheeled pretty hard. I'm a nut for inspections though. I grease and torque every wheeling trip or 3,000 miles. Whichever comes first. I'd call RK and discuss it with them.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys. For replacement parts contact our main line at 518-270-9822. We are open Monday through Friday 10am to 6pm EST.

For premature failure, there are many culprits and possibilities. If you wanted, get us some images of how your vehicle is setup (joint angles in clevis mounts, damaged bushings, and opposing side view).

RK
Old 02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor

Also, attached is an install notification for JK suspension systems (with adjustable rear control arms):

Here is an image of a proper rear pinion angle setup. We hope it helps you all out. The rear pinion on a level surface should be 2 - 3 degrees below the driveshaft. When under throttle load, the pinion rotates up slightly putting it in perfect alignment.

RK
Old 02-10-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running a RK 2.5" Max Travel on my 2011 JKUR. Lower control arms are set to RK recommended length, axle is centered under the Jeep, Jeep has been aligned and the Jeep drives very well with no wobbles. The stock tie rod is hitting my PS bombshell diff cover when turning to the left, limiting my turning. Any thoughts on this? There is no indication that the tie rod is bent. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160210_061937.png
Views:	204
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	637155
Old 02-10-2016, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mstrofpuppets
Running a RK 2.5" Max Travel on my 2011 JKUR. Lower control arms are set to RK recommended length, axle is centered under the Jeep, Jeep has been aligned and the Jeep drives very well with no wobbles. The stock tie rod is hitting my PS bombshell diff cover when turning to the left, limiting my turning. Any thoughts on this? There is no indication that the tie rod is bent. Thanks!

Attachment 637155
It's bent.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Oh boy .. Time for a new tie rod.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there a bend in the stock tie rod just like that, only face forwards... Mine looked like that and on a wheeling trip a guy asked why it was backwards, I never noticed it until then..
Old 02-11-2016, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Rock Krawler. So I got a slight issue with my front TB. I have a loud popping sound when turning. I'm pretty sure that's where the popping is coming from. I've greased everything, and the issue is still there. It feels like there is some slight play also. Everything seem to be tight. Any help would be great
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor

It appears your factory tie rod is bent in towards the diff and will need replaced.

Originally Posted by mstrofpuppets

Attachment 637155

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members