Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a stock tie rod, they have a bend there naturally. I can't tell if yours is the same bend though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2076369914.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	480.9 KB
ID:	637294  
Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd2291
Hi Rock Krawler. So I got a slight issue with my front TB. I have a loud popping sound when turning. I'm pretty sure that's where the popping is coming from. I've greased everything, and the issue is still there. It feels like there is some slight play also. Everything seem to be tight. Any help would be great
Check your bolt torque on the trackbar and other components.

Other items to check:

Sway bar links
Tie Rod Ends
Steering Box
Ball Joints
Old 02-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
That's a stock tie rod, they have a bend there naturally. I can't tell if yours is the same bend though
The bend is intended to go away from the differential. The tie rod end on one side is non adjustable (holds bar orientation). So if it is bending in like the image shows, the bar is bent.

RK
Old 02-11-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Krawler joints.

So I put an x-factor lift on the jeep back in 2011. I decided to go thru everything and the Krawler joints are seized up. Anyway I'm going to put new Krawler joints as I had my buddy machine them out.
So anyone have part numbers for the rear upper and lower control arms. Threads are 1" and the smaller shank is 7/8" 14 threads per inch.
Also need to replace the poly bushings with something.
I see the new joints are available with grease zerks?
It's the mid arm kit
Old 02-11-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
The bend is intended to go away from the differential. The tie rod end on one side is non adjustable (holds bar orientation). So if it is bending in like the image shows, the bar is bent. RK
Actually you can unbolt one tie rod end and turn the tie rod backwards and reinstall it.

As you can see in this picture, mine was exactly as I explained, and it was not bent.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-496793170.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	637378  
Old 02-12-2016, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

is ANYTHING (not just lift/tire related, literally anything) required/recommended to complete a 2.5 Flex with 35's on a JKU?
Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heycody
is ANYTHING (not just lift/tire related, literally anything) required/recommended to complete a 2.5 Flex with 35's on a JKU?
Not sure I understand your question. If you haven't already, read TheDirtMan's sticky on lifts. There are so many variables, as to what constitutes a completed lift. For me, the Flex was not complete enough. I went with the X-Factor. And it's still not complete enough. For you, that may be a different answer.

As soon as we decide to lift our Jeep, we start mucking with the steering geometry and center of gravity, etc. That's the biggest issue that most new Jeep owners (including myself) don't always know could be a problem. There are ways to address these issues, however, so all is not lost.

So, if you are asking what "needs" to be added to a Flex in order to make it "complete", I would add, at a minimum, rear upper adjustable control arms and bump stops. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

If I could do it all over again, I'd still get the X-Factor, but I think I would have spent the time to have the rear spring perches relocated rather than using the spring wedges I have now, and probably looked into replacing the front axle with a caster corrected housing. I still may do that someday.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Not sure I understand your question. If you haven't already, read TheDirtMan's sticky on lifts. There are so many variables, as to what constitutes a completed lift. For me, the Flex was not complete enough. I went with the X-Factor. And it's still not complete enough. For you, that may be a different answer.

As soon as we decide to lift our Jeep, we start mucking with the steering geometry and center of gravity, etc. That's the biggest issue that most new Jeep owners (including myself) don't always know could be a problem. There are ways to address these issues, however, so all is not lost.

So, if you are asking what "needs" to be added to a Flex in order to make it "complete", I would add, at a minimum, rear upper adjustable control arms and bump stops. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

If I could do it all over again, I'd still get the X-Factor, but I think I would have spent the time to have the rear spring perches relocated rather than using the spring wedges I have now, and probably looked into replacing the front axle with a caster corrected housing. I still may do that someday.
That's exactly what I was asking for lol. Just anything that the kit could use to make it a bit better. Sorry for the confusion
Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by heycody
Actually on a 4 door you only need front lowers.
Shocks/stops is it unless you buy a stage 1/2 kit.
I know NR and other venders package shocks and bumpstops in with RK kits.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Todd2291
Hi Rock Krawler. So I got a slight issue with my front TB. I have a loud popping sound when turning. I'm pretty sure that's where the popping is coming from. I've greased everything, and the issue is still there. It feels like there is some slight play also. Everything seem to be tight. Any help would be great
I had the same problem, it was the drag link end at the pitman arm. Happened when I turned left.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members