Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-05-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Sorry man that sucks. This isn't the first time I've heard of issues with their springs. I have 6 year old tf springs that have not sagged at all. I want to replace them though as their free length is not impressive to say the least, the ride is rough and they're rusted to shit. Rk springs did pop up on my radar but after all the issues I'm hearing I'm either going synergy or metalcloak springs
Well don't let my experience steer you away if you want them. I don't think RK is bad but I've never been too impressed. If I were looking for springs I'd go with either of the 2 you have listed as well though.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been running RK springs for about a year and a half and have seen no issues to date. Aside from the powder coating rusting through within a year, I haven't had any problems with the lift.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "issues" started when the rear springs were revised. The softer rate tends to sag more with weight. I have the original rear triple rates and they are fine. I thought about going with the new coils but did not want to run spacers if they sagged. RK recommends taller rear coils if weighted down now, in fact i believe the overland kit has them already.
As far as left to right lean i have maybe 1/4 difference. Same with every coil ive run on my JK.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The "issues" started when the rear springs were revised. The softer rate tends to sag more with weight. I have the original rear triple rates and they are fine. I thought about going with the new coils but did not want to run spacers if they sagged. RK recommends taller rear coils if weighted down now, in fact i believe the overland kit has them already. As far as left to right lean i have maybe 1/4 difference. Same with every coil ive run on my JK.
I purchased my coils at the end of 2014 so whichever "generation" coils they are. Mine are the exact opposite though, my front is about 2" or so lower than the rear and 1" lower than the height they should be.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I purchased my coils at the end of 2014 so whichever "generation" coils they are. Mine are the exact opposite though, my front is about 2" or so lower than the rear and 1" lower than the height they should be.
Progressive/linear Or the very first run of triple rates ?
Old 05-05-2016, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

They're triple rates, whether the first ones or not I don't know. Part numbers match with what they have listed for a 2 door 3.5".
Old 05-27-2016, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

when I built my 14 jkur, it was with the intent to be used at moab. I try to go once a year. I picked a 3.5 mid arm kit with bilsteins and am running 37s on beadlocks. I wanted to share with the group that my jeep blew my mind. it went farther than I wanted to go. the flex I had was unreal, and got quite a few comments from some of the custom buggy guys in our group. I was tickled to death.

so, thanks for a badass suspension system. I got exactly what I wanted.

I did manage to break a control arm bolt... the only issue I had.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

I have an older style Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod I bought way back in the day (around 09?) that i just haven't gotten around to installing. I purchased some moog TREs but they didn't fit (diameter was smaller than the tie rod). Whats the actual part numbers for the correct moog ends? Anybody know?
Old 05-29-2016, 04:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by eraujk
I have an older style Rock Krawler HD Tie Rod I bought way back in the day (around 09?) that i just haven't gotten around to installing. I purchased some moog TREs but they didn't fit (diameter was smaller than the tie rod). Whats the actual part numbers for the correct moog ends? Anybody know?
Ive heard RK say the Moogs can have issues or something. You want the stock part number at the pitman arm.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eraujk
You need the OEM TRE at the pitman arm connection for that Tie Rod. They will fit for sure....

RK

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members