Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Guard Suggestions Wanted!

Old 11-17-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Guard Suggestions Wanted!

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install some rocker guards with some sort of built-in side steps and I would appreciate any recommendations of which brand/type would work well for my 15' JKU. I'm looking for a pair that are reasonably priced and preferably don't require any drilling. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they don't require drilling or welding, they won't function well as rock sliders. If you don't need the protection, then it's not relevant. In that case, why not just buy some sidesteps off a Sahara?
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If they don't require drilling or welding, they won't function well as rock sliders. If you don't need the protection, then it's not relevant. In that case, why not just buy some sidesteps off a Sahara?
Thank you for the feedback, I see where you are coming from but I am looking for something along the lines of Smitty SRC Side armor so they both function as steps as well as provide some protection. I guess they don't technically have to be sliders but something that can serve the two functions that I just mentioned if that makes sense.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We've got a few options... ACE Engineering sliders are a solid choice with no drilling or welding...

ACE Engineering 4 Door Sliders | Offroad Elements

JK 4 Door Unlimited Sliders & Side Steps | Offroad Elements

Last edited by Offroad_Elements; 11-17-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my LOD's. They do require drilling, but they have steps and are incredibly solid.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you really want to go with a body mount slider, look at TNT. https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_part...oor_jk_sliders
Old 11-17-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex makes some great ones...

I've had them for two years now and have dropped down on the a couple of times pretty hard. no damage what so ever.
a buddy of mine got t-boned by a minivan... totaled the minivan but only scratched the jk... Tough stuff
here is a link
| TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

I put the smittybilt slider steps they work good and still function
Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

I'm a big fan of Shrockworks products. They are very well built and designed. Prices are good and they will customize them for you if you want (body lifts, flatter design to make a step or slightly lower design to keep rubicon rock rails). One negative with Shrockworks is that it takes them a while to build the product. Sliders are quick for them, but once ordered expect that you might wait 2-4months. Worth the wait in my opinion, not not be to you.

Shrockworks
Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be biased but I suggest JCR Off Road. They bolt right up no issues. No drilling holes, no cutting and no welding. Once they are on you could lift the Jeep using them as a jack point. I have smacked them off rocks from Rubicon to Moab with no issues and they have enough of a step to help you get in but it doesn't stick out so far that they get hung up. Most of all they are made in America by some great guys that really have a passion for Jeeping and are reasonably priced.

Quick Reply: Rocker Guard Suggestions Wanted!