Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockkrawler benefits of MAX over FLEX?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
you are correct and rock krawler told me that using just the 1.5" coils ala carte is perfect way for non hard core people to go. I run just coils with 7000 rancho shocks and extended sway bar links front and rear and 2" bump stops with 34" tires and it does anything I will do. I wheel a lot with Willie Worthie and he is impressed with the set up. That is good enough for me lol.
Grew up reading Willie Worthy in the pages of FourWheeler...sure do miss that guy. You're lucky to 'wheel with him, a legend in the four wheeling community if you ask me! Tell him a long time reader said hi

Sorry for the derail..
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Grew up reading Willie Worthy in the pages of FourWheeler...sure do miss that guy. You're lucky to 'wheel with him, a legend in the four wheeling community if you ask me! Tell him a long time reader said hi

Sorry for the derail..
he will appreciate it. He is a good friend and great guy to wheel with.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
IMO the max travel is kinda a waste. The rear lower arms are shorter to barely longer then stock. Their only purpose is clearance and maybe a little less bind. Upgrading to the X Factor (all 8 arms), the rear lowers are replaced w/ longer lowers. Paired with the longer uppers move the axle back 1-1.5" Fwiw, using the short lowers for pinion would pull your tire in toward the pitch seem (adjusted shorter then stock) If somebody wants/needs pinion correction. RK will shorten a set of uppers for you. You can still run those with the short lowers... they would be maxed out centering the tire in the wheel well. 2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rockkrawler benefits of MAX over FLEX?