Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rota pax mounts

Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rota pax mounts

So gents on the website for rota pax they have a spare tire mount is that able to go on a stock tire carrier? Or a mount that replaces your tire carrier to have rota pax there? Tell me your opinions on people who have the setup. Thanks
Old 11-26-2015, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LifeAsRob
So gents on the website for rota pax they have a spare tire mount is that able to go on a stock tire carrier? Or a mount that replaces your tire carrier to have rota pax there? Tell me your opinions on people who have the setup. Thanks
I have that set up and it works like a charm. The Rotopax sits firmly on the original mount. I did buy the Rotopax locking mount as well but the set up works great.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KBennett2007

I have that set up and it works like a charm. The Rotopax sits firmly on the original mount. I did buy the Rotopax locking mount as well but the set up works great.
Are you referring to the stock tire carrier mount? How many you have on there?
Old 11-27-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Have you seen these Side Mount Holders? I'm thinking about ordering the driver and passenger side. They work with Nato cans or Rotopax

Jeep JK Side Mount Jerry Can, Driver Side Retrofit Offroad
Old 11-27-2015, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default now u have me thinkin bout this too least on drivers side

Originally Posted by bethecook
Have you seen these Side Mount Holders? I'm thinking about ordering the driver and passenger side. They work with Nato cans or Rotopax

Jeep JK Side Mount Jerry Can, Driver Side Retrofit Offroad
wonder if its easy install ? anyone have one of these that might answer that?
i was going to add them in back but really like this look on the front side and i know ill never use two cans . might just put a 10L can on this / there much smaller than the 20 l cans but easyer to pour

down side to this is you loose your trail rated badge i think ? no...
one other thing i note in video it looks like the door dosent open very far lol if you notice how little the door moves when he closed it ( that would not work for me ) maybe im wrong but it looked like it on video --- chime in on it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10-litre-jerry-can-with-rigid-spout-combo-colour-yellow-[3]-403-p.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	631105  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 11-27-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
wonder if its easy install ? anyone have one of these that might answer that?
i was going to add them in back but really like this look on the front side and i know ill never use two cans . might just put a 10L can on this / there much smaller than the 20 l cans but easyer to pour

down side to this is you loose your trail rated badge i think ? no...
one other thing i note in video it looks like the door dosent open very far lol if you notice how little the door moves when he closed it ( that would not work for me ) maybe im wrong but it looked like it on video --- chime in on it
A buddy in my local Jeep club installed them on his Jeep and I have seen them in person. I plan on ordering once I get a little more cash after Christmas. The door opens fully and it does not limit the door from opening. It uses the factory door strap thing that limits the door from swinging into the cowl. I think it does cover his trail rated badge, but what looks more trail rated? A sticker or a Jerry can on the side of your rig. From talking to my buddy he said the install maybe took him 30 minutes and there is no drilling required.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's awesome but I wanna try and get rotapax besides the convenience of like the look. Anyone have the replacement windows rotas
Old 11-28-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LifeAsRob
I went with the Ace Engineering Gate Keeper. Holds multiple Rotopax and a hi-lift. Worth a look.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks good info

Originally Posted by bethecook
A buddy in my local Jeep club installed them on his Jeep and I have seen them in person. I plan on ordering once I get a little more cash after Christmas. The door opens fully and it does not limit the door from opening. It uses the factory door strap thing that limits the door from swinging into the cowl. I think it does cover his trail rated badge, but what looks more trail rated? A sticker or a Jerry can on the side of your rig. From talking to my buddy he said the install maybe took him 30 minutes and there is no drilling required.
i think i just might order one after x mas too lol never enough cash to go around at Christmas time ! but it does look like a pretty cool set up , i wasnt concerned about the trail rated badge could always mount it in the jerry can somewhere
Old 11-29-2015, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the teraflex side mount w locking handle great set up

Sent from my Carl Gustav
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2092997021.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	631234  

Quick Reply: rota pax mounts