Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE

Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the RC BB worked great, was able to get a Mopar 2" coil lift at a good price, so i sold the RC BB to a friend. It is a great place to start and allows you to have options.
AMen
Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you guys get alignments after you out a bb on?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

I had the entry level rc budget boost with the shock extensions. I didn't like how the top of the rear springs were located on the spacers. Even though the isolator is located on the steel tube protruding out of the spacer, it still moved around, to the point where part of the spring was no longer on the spacer.

I also found that the front shock extensions allowed the front of my 2dr rubi auto to flex enough to catch the driveshaft boot clamp on the tranny pan. It did not rip the boot though. If it was a quarter inch or so shorter, this likely would not have happened.

With the kit I also ran extended brake lines, a front teraflex monster track bar, a teraflex rear axle mounted track bar extension bracket, rubi 4 door springs and spidertrax spacers. I have 35" bfg at's on it for now.

After 2 months with the rc spacers, I switched them for Teraflex ones and can't complain. The rear space was difficult to pop into place but I know that it will stay put.

if you lived in my area i would give you the spacers and hardware for next to nothing.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where do u live? Maybe I could pay shipping. Pm me if interested
Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought the RC 2.5" coil lift as a future project. But a few questions have been brought up:
Do I need to change the front/rear sway bar disconnects?
Do I need to get front/rear trac-bar relocation brackets?
Do I need to relocate the brakeline mounting bracket?

Any help on this would be awesome
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

I started with the RC 2.5" Coil Lift, Then added Rough Country Adjustable Front Track Bar , Rough Country Rear Trac Bar Bracket,Rough Country front Quick disconnects. I still need to replace the rear link's with longer one's.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OleBC
Awesome guys. That's what I like to hear. Think I'm going to start with the rc bb and get a 1.25 body for a total of 3.75". Then down the road if I want to get something more aggressive ill scrap the bb.
Thats what I have on my 08 2Dr and love it... running 33's all kinds of room. I only used the parts that came with the kits. Only thing you have to do is center your steering wheel, and thats easy to do... It tells how. All you do is loosen two clamps and turn the adjuster on the drag link and try it...

Last edited by 76HB; 02-01-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking I could run the front and rear trac-bar brackets, with extended rear sway bar links , and i could put the original rear sway bar links on the front. I have heard this somewhere... But will it work?

Im new to the jeep scene but as far as i can see, no other vehicle lifestyle has friendlier followers

Last edited by Absolute; 05-12-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: blacklisted mfg
Old 02-02-2012, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RC BB for all the reasons already described. Had one on my 08 JKU and just installed another on on my 11 JKU.

BEST bang for the buck for a BB, or just about any lift for that matter.

And btw, I do wheel my junk and it does fine.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I currently have the RC 2.5" Series II BB on my '08 JKU and I'd have to say I am not very happy with it!

I am not going to bash Rough Country though, because they have always helped me with any problems and have great prices on everything.

Having said that, I did have one of my front shock relocation brackets bend and break the bolt off, leaving me with my passenger side shock just dangling. I had not done any offroading before the bracket bent just driving to and from work on city roads. I did call and contact Rough Country and they were going to send out a replacement bracket but I decided to just remove the brackets.

I wanted to give you a different point of view than what everyone else was giving for the most part...I am currently waiting on my Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel kit to arrive!

Good luck in your decision and I was once in your shoes and went with the Rough Country and looking back now, I wish I had either gone with the TeraFlex or just waited on the Rock Krawler the first time (like every one on here was telling me to do!)

-Billy

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE