Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country Trackbar

Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got the RC track bar on my jeep and it is garbage! Luckily it came with the jeep but I just rebuilt both ends, still have death wobble! Took it to a local off road shop and the owner looked at it for 2 seconds and said both ends are shot...
Time for something else!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Anyone have the Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar?? Its fairly cheaper than other brands at $110. I installed their 2.5 coil lift yestarday and am pretty happy with the 2.2 shocks and coils...

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1168.html
My advice, NEVER buy anything from RC unless you want the cheapest, poorest, and sloppiest of parts. They make cheap stuff. That's the bottom line. Spend the extra money and get something that won't wear down and need to be replaced in just a short amount of time.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ran it for maybe a month before the bushing was shot, i modified it to take a rod end and had no more problems, but i have since removed it as even the rc rod end seemed to be shitty. I just built my own for dirt cheap.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
My advice, NEVER buy anything from RC unless you want the cheapest, poorest, and sloppiest of parts. They make cheap stuff. That's the bottom line. Spend the extra money and get something that won't wear down and need to be replaced in just a short amount of time.
That is exactly what i was going to say.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreatWhite JK
That is exactly what i was going to say.
Took me a few years, and too much money, to learn this lesson. I used to buy because they are local to me, but it didn't take me long to learn that it wasn't worth it. RC is just junk.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started out with a RC adj front trackbar when I first got my 07 JK. Yes they are extremely poor quality. Bushings were junk within 3 months.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Trackbar