Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubicon Rock rail foldable steps?

Old 01-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Rubicon Rock rail foldable steps?

I've been shopping around for some steps that can be attached with the Rubicon rock rails mounted. My preference would be to have a step that could be folded up so it is up and out of the way for additional clearance when off-road but can be folded down and left in that position for DD.

Is there anything like that available?

Another preference would be to have just a single step attached at each door location, instead of the rail steps I mostly see that run the entire length of the rocker panel. I'm not fully opposed to going with a step that runs the length of the rocker panel and am interested in hearing about those options but my preference would be a single step just big enough to comfortably fit one foot on.

Here is the closest thing I found and am currently considering getting but I currently have some uncertainties and would like to avoid getting these only to find out they're not my ideal solution or won't work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T7Y5EW...I31YFSFJAVT9GC

Here are my concerns with these steps.
1. I'm uncertain if they will work with the Rubicon rock rails attached.
2. They are adjustable, so I can raise them up and down but that adjustability is just for fitment purposes. My thought is that I can't fold them up, but maybe I could loosen the adjustment and adjust them up high enough to get the additional clearance, but that would be an additional PIA to have to adjust them just for the purpose of folding them up higher for offroad use.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty much the only step I know that attaches with the Rubi rail is the ACE Engineering rock rail. They have high clearance but are a narrow step with the rails attached. I have a set on my Jeep and can highly recommend them if you are going for a cleaner look.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Thanks. I'll look at the ace steps.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Rock rail foldable steps?