Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUFF STUFF Offset Tie Rod Kit

Old 02-28-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUFF STUFF Offset Tie Rod Kit

I have searched and found some use it with out issues and some have had issues. Is it worth it or should I pass?

I found the same set-up threw a different company but it seems to be welded all ready. This is the link. https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/JK-He...y-Tie-Rod/4457
Old 02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

I have it and I say it worth it. For $130 or whatever the price was you can't beat it. I haven't had any problems and I didn't drill the knuckles either. As long as you have 17" wheels you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the pre welded piece uses smaller, thinner tubing. 1.375" compared to 1.5" from ruff stuff
Old 03-01-2015, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

The Ruff Stuff tie rod bends pretty easy. I went thru two before I changed over to synergy.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meep97
I have it and I say it worth it. For $130 or whatever the price was you can't beat it. I haven't had any problems and I didn't drill the knuckles either. As long as you have 17" wheels you shouldn't have a problem.
I've had rubbing on two sets of 17" alloys. You need a lot of back spacing to fit it. The factory 17's won't fit, and my aftermarket 17's with 2 more inches of backspacing needed an inch added to steering stops to fit (which made it almost unparkable)

Alloys may have a thicker inner lip though, so I'm sure it depends on the wheel and whether you're alloy or steel (are steel's generally thinner?).. But 17" is definitely dependent on wheel and backspacing, not a given.

Other than that I loved this tie rod while I had it on, the beefy TRE's improved the steering feel, and I did not have to drill the knuckles on my 2013... But I had to switch back to factory due to my wheels.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

After I bent my OE tie rod I went with the Synergy tie rod. Its been a year since and has worked superbly. Don't know much about this tie rod but I do recommend the Synergy tie rod. Its money well spent!
Old 03-01-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by boon4376
I've had rubbing on two sets of 17" alloys. You need a lot of back spacing to fit it. The factory 17's won't fit, and my aftermarket 17's with 2 more inches of backspacing needed an inch added to steering stops to fit (which made it almost unparkable)

Alloys may have a thicker inner lip though, so I'm sure it depends on the wheel and whether you're alloy or steel (are steel's generally thinner?).. But 17" is definitely dependent on wheel and backspacing, not a given.

Other than that I loved this tie rod while I had it on, the beefy TRE's improved the steering feel, and I did not have to drill the knuckles on my 2013... But I had to switch back to factory due to my wheels.
I ran factory Moabs with 1 1/2 spacers and they cleared ok. I think they were at 4 3/4 backspacing with the spacers.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Even the name screams cheap. Anyone who plays on words like RUFF instead of Rough, I would go elsewhere to get a similar product.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Even the name screams cheap. Anyone who plays on words like RUFF instead of Rough, I would go elsewhere to get a similar product.
Ive got their front LCA's and they are pretty beefy. They also make a lot of fabricator parts that I think are nice. Just wish they would use chromoly for their tie rod instead of DOM.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Kojack
Most informative post ive read in awhile.... Actually so informative i now feel dumber after reading it.

Quick Reply: RUFF STUFF Offset Tie Rod Kit