Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge - Omix/Ada Service Sucks

Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge - Omix/Ada Service Sucks

I can't believe this place, someone tried to steam my HiLift off the back of my JK, it was a rugged ridge tailgate mount. Idiots, the jack had a pad lock on it, but they tried anyways, I didn't realize till I was down the road and the jack was banging around, when I went around to look all the hardware was gone, the two knobs and the little tab at the bottom that holds the jack. I went to OmixAda to PURCHASE the replacement parts, and the wont even talk to me without a receipt? They need "Proof of Purchase"?, for a hundred dollar part I bought over two years ago, without it they won't do anything for me. THAT'S SERVICE!

Here is the exchange, I'll never buy a rugged ridge product again, imagine if it were a real issue?

""01/08/2015 2:31 pm
Hi,
Some idiot tried to steal my HiLift jack off the back of my 2007 Jeep JKU, it was locked so they couldn't get it, but buy the time I realized it was bouncing around back there I lost all the hardware, the two knobs and the "Z" tab that holds the jack on the bottom. How do I go about replacing this hardware?

Right now I'm driving with 40" tires and no jack!
Thanks

01/08/2015 3:41 pm Tyler Coolidge
Can you provide a valid proof of purchase for the jack mount as well as your current shipping information and we'll see what we can come up with.

01/12/2015 3:25 pm
Valid Proof??

I bought it like two years ago how am I supposed to provide valid proof?? Why would I contact you for parts for something I don't have???

28 XXX Ave
XXX, CT 06483

01/13/2015 9:08 am Tyler Coolidge
We do not sell parts direct to the public as we are the manufacturer. We do, however, support the products warranty which is extended to the original purchaser of the part upon proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. We do not offer warranty support for people who bought used components at a swap meet that were missing bolts, brackets, etc. Valid proof of purchase would pertain to an order number or invoice number that could be obtained from an invoice, packing slip, email order confirmation or by contacting the retailer where it was purchased for a copy of the invoice.

01/13/2015 9:35 am
You gotta be kidding me, I'm just looking to purchase the parts that were stolen, I have four Jeeps and with two recent projects I've probably spent $15,000 in the past year alone, and you're telling me I can't even get a couple of simple parts with out finding a receipt???

Your service sucks, I'll stay away from anything rugged ridge in the future, at least I found out on something small before I had a real problem.""

Solid company, really go out of their way for their customers, screw them
Old 01-14-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a new one, then return the old claiming there were parts missing.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is pretty shitty man. Maybe going to your local hardware store and finding bolts and stuff to make it work?
Old 01-14-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like the manufacturer was trying to GIVE you the missing hardware under warranty and was simply asking you to provide proof of purchase.

If you want to PURCHASE the hardware you would have run that through an authorized dealer.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I read the email, all I see is that you were rude as soon as they asked a question.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
It sounds like the manufacturer was trying to GIVE you the missing hardware under warranty and was simply asking you to provide proof of purchase.

If you want to PURCHASE the hardware you would have run that through an authorized dealer.
+1 on this. They were going to try to GIVE you the parts under warranty if you had a receipt showing you purchased it new. If you want to buy the parts you can go through any of the retail stores that sell that brand, but the manufacturer doesn't sell directly to the public. Mostly likely because of an arrangement made with the retail stores that carry their products.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A lot of times in this digital age, the place you purchased the part from MAY have an invoice still in their files.
I know I suggest this often when people need to warranty a shock and have misplaced their receipt.
A majority of the time the retailer will still be able to pull up the old orders and get a copy to you.
Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge - Omix/Ada Service Sucks