Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge tire carrier linkage

Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks for the update. I keep checking with 4wd.com. I see them in your catalog, but noone has them. I'd be glad to be the first to install an post a bunch of positive comments if one could make its way to me
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Please let us know when these are available. I'd like to see if it'll work with my Smitty XRC.

A couple quick questions:

Is the mount that attaches to the gate made out of steel? What's the size of the bolt that secures the linkage? I'm thinking that the bracket that attaches to the gate would be a neat place to mount my CB antenna.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bkw
Please let us know when these are available. I'd like to see if it'll work with my Smitty XRC.

A couple quick questions:

Is the mount that attaches to the gate made out of steel? What's the size of the bolt that secures the linkage? I'm thinking that the bracket that attaches to the gate would be a neat place to mount my CB antenna.
Yes the brackets are steel..

Bracket hole size is M12, a little larger than 7/16"

We should have them ready by the first week of August.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bkw
This is just what I was thinking...
Old 07-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VWang
X2 on the xrc. I think that's the route i'll end up taking rather than shelling out over a grand for a swing out.

Rugged ridge, what's the retail for the linkage?

Thanks
MSRP will be around $50
Old 07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

You guys are totally right.

I can't wait to see how these work on a Smittybilt XRC w/tire carrier. That would be about $800 for a bumper/tire carrier that holds up to a 40" and opens with the tailgate. Sure, you'd need two hands or two steps (bumper handle + tailgate handle) but that would be worth it.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vinnysucks
You guys are totally right.

I can't wait to see how these work on a Smittybilt XRC w/tire carrier. That would be about $800 for a bumper/tire carrier that holds up to a 40" and opens with the tailgate. Sure, you'd need two hands or two steps (bumper handle + tailgate handle) but that would be worth it.
Keep in mind that we have not tried it on a Smitty bumper and will have to leave that up to one of your guys.... We designed it to work with our bumper... Regardless thanks for the interest..
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Rugged, I really would like one of your rear XHD bumpers with carrier and linkage as I have your front XHD and love it but... it's only good for a 35" tire!!! make me something that'll handle up to a 40" and I'm in!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
Rugged, I really would like one of your rear XHD bumpers with carrier and linkage as I have your front XHD and love it but... it's only good for a 35" tire!!! make me something that'll handle up to a 40" and I'm in!
Yeah, the tire size is the only issue for me, both bumpers seem very similar. I would have to say that the latch on the Smittybilt looks better than RR though... but I haven't seen either in person.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VWang
X2 on the 40" tire

And also a stubby version please!!
OK.... We say 35" because thats what our marketing guys felt safe with. We have seen and there are people running 40" tires. As with anything it comes down the total weight. I can't state it will handle a 40" tire... But I will say that we have a 3 year warranty. I want tell if you want...

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge tire carrier linkage