Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running 31's AND 35's!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
Just to throw a number out for the OP, I drove for a few months with a 2.5" lift and stock tires. I lost 1mpg from the lift changing the aerodynamics.

I lost another 3mpg when I put 34s on. It was all highway at that time.
I have been driving on stock Rubicon wheels and tires for about three month. Avg MPG was around mid 14's. Put 35" on Monday and MPG is now in the mid 11's. I also have the Procal Turner and changed tire size to keep speed-o at correct speed and turn off TPS sensors.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dave nelson
Anyway, I'm a little concerned about the mileage drop that I'm sure to have with 35's, and am wondering how practical it would be to keep a set of 31 street tires on the stock wheels for daily driver use, and then throw on the 35's for wheeling trips.

The accomplishment here is 2-fold:
1) Get great gas mileage for driving to work
2) Stretch the life of those ridiculously expensive 35's by using them sparingly

In reality I don't think you will ever take the 35s off once they're on.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

I know how you feel. I run 37's humvee beadlocks wheeling and swap back to my 35's sometimes just to save the weight and it does help the MPG.... But it gets old swapping them out for sure.

Quick Reply: Running 31's AND 35's!!!