Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safaripals Flat Fenders

Old 08-21-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a pic of them? I looked them up, and what I found looked nothing like Bushwackers. The ones I saw looked like the cheap Smittybilt flat fenders...
Here is the Safaripal fenders I am asking about. They look just like the Bushwackers, but $200 cheaper. Maybe they are more flexible since they are cheaper?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safaripal Fenders.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	655071Click image for larger version

Name:	Safaripal Fenders2.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	655072
Old 08-22-2016, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of the safaripal fenders. They do there job for road use, just don't think they'll hold up in some hardcore trails. the mounts are plastic if the get hit pretty sure they'll break off. the fenders are made of hard plastic which are stiff. the fenders them self's are sturdy, ill just be worried about the mounts breaking off. cant compare with the bushwackers because I haven't seen them up close. Also there a pain to install make sure you purchase extra clips, think the screws are to thick for the clips and break off.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hbguerrero
I have a set of the safaripal fenders. They do there job for road use, just don't think they'll hold up in some hardcore trails. the mounts are plastic if the get hit pretty sure they'll break off. the fenders are made of hard plastic which are stiff. the fenders them self's are sturdy, ill just be worried about the mounts breaking off. cant compare with the bushwackers because I haven't seen them up close. Also there a pain to install make sure you purchase extra clips, think the screws are to thick for the clips and break off.
Thanks for the feedback. That is what I was looking for.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Kind of digging up an old thread here but this is all I have found on the Safaripal bushwaker knockoffs. Seth did you order a set and if so how are they, could you post pics. All this maybe a bit late because I just ordered them I was hoping to hear there fine and you like them.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGCHRIS
Kind of digging up an old thread here but this is all I have found on the Safaripal bushwaker knockoffs. Seth did you order a set and if so how are they, could you post pics. All this maybe a bit late because I just ordered them I was hoping to hear there fine and you like them.
I did not end up getting them yet. Let me know what you think of them as I still plan on saving the money over the Bushwackers if they are good quality.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

If you guys wheel at all, I'd strongly suggest to be careful with the bushwackers, and probably the safaris if they are a duplicate design. As brought up earlier in the thread, the way they mount and disperse pressure is the real issue. If you knock a tree or a rock, you're most likely to break a few clips, and I can attest that they are a PITA to fix cause it means peeling off that nice 3M tape and trying to readhear the fender to the body. One time, I just squeezed by a tree.....had to let the rear flare rub against it due to space. I didn't hit the tree mind you, just lightly squeezed by it. I thought I got through undamaged.....nope, the dumb flare totally pushed my passenger rear quarter panel in due to where the pressure was dispersed (on the sheet metal rather than the seam). Finally got tired of fixing those damn things and no run fenderless. Wish I had just gone metal from the start. Live and learn.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
If you guys wheel at all, I'd strongly suggest to be careful with the bushwackers, and probably the safaris if they are a duplicate design. As brought up earlier in the thread, the way they mount and disperse pressure is the real issue. If you knock a tree or a rock, you're most likely to break a few clips, and I can attest that they are a PITA to fix cause it means peeling off that nice 3M tape and trying to readhear the fender to the body. One time, I just squeezed by a tree.....had to let the rear flare rub against it due to space. I didn't hit the tree mind you, just lightly squeezed by it. I thought I got through undamaged.....nope, the dumb flare totally pushed my passenger rear quarter panel in due to where the pressure was dispersed (on the sheet metal rather than the seam). Finally got tired of fixing those damn things and no run fenderless. Wish I had just gone metal from the start. Live and learn.
this is exactly what happened to me with the bushwackers. When I was in the northeast all the trails were super tight so I bumped alot of trees and have alot of fender panel damage to show for it. I am now considering going back to a cut stock fender setup. Completely agree, if you plan to wheel dont get these.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I have them and really like them.

I've had them on about 6 months and they are very durable (I have rubbed them pretty hard on a few trees) and have not faded a bit in the constant SW Florida sun.

They re-use the stock inner fender liners which is a bonus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-11-2016 Webb med.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	663737

Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default First impressions

Well I made it over to the D a couple weeks back to pick the flares up and got them home, after opening the box and taking a look all the parts are there, instructions there and lights installed. I wasn't sure I liked the overall look, the textured finish and glossy look gave them I thought a cheap look so I decided to give them two coats of Dupli color bed coating, now they look great just like powder coated steal, just perfect. On to the feel, they come across as very stiff and I haven't installed and wont until spring but you can tell when they are all buttoned down they will be stiff and I could see where they could cause damage if rolled into something on the trail, I can't see them flexing at all, They are made of ABS plastic in China most likely unregulated and Bushwackers are US made out of a TPO plastic in a factory that from what I read is big on the environment a plus and Tread lightly another plus so you can see where the money is saved and why they are less then half the price. Now all that said these are here now and they are looking good and I will post pics in May when I install them and I talk about the install and fit.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Well I made it over to the D a couple weeks back to pick the flares up and got them home, after opening the box and taking a look all the parts are there, instructions there and lights installed. I wasn't sure I liked the overall look, the textured finish and glossy look gave them I thought a cheap look so I decided to give them two coats of Dupli color bed coating, now they look great just like powder coated steal, just perfect. On to the feel, they come across as very stiff and I haven't installed and wont until spring but you can tell when they are all buttoned down they will be stiff and I could see where they could cause damage if rolled into something on the trail, I can't see them flexing at all, They are made of ABS plastic in China most likely unregulated and Bushwackers are US made out of a TPO plastic in a factory that from what I read is big on the environment a plus and Tread lightly another plus so you can see where the money is saved and why they are less then half the price. Now all that said these are here now and they are looking good and I will post pics in May when I install them and I talk about the install and fit.

Just a suggestion, replace the nuts that hold the brackets onto the fenders with Nyloc nuts. I think they will be more secure and possibly not vibrate loose in the future.

Quick Reply: Safaripals Flat Fenders