Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat cover experience thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
I have had Wet Okole seat covers since I bought my jeep in 2008. They have faded, but I never used the uv protectant. They still look good, no rips on warn places. I'd get another set.
I've heard that about those...they hold up structurally and do well fade wise if uv protectant is used. Do you get the typical neoprene swamp ass in summer?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trek Armor/Bartact...

I have taken my rig mudding with no doors/top and literally taken a spray washer to the seats and floorboards (floorboards are linex'd). Seats under the covers stayed dry. My set (black/graphite) haven't faded in two years of Florida sun. I keep a ton of crap in MOLLE pouches on the stitching and none has worn/torn.

I'd say save the money and buy something that's going to last. Buy it right once.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

I've got a set of CoverKings, in the codura fabric. The only problems I've had, are tearinig of the fabric where the headrest of the back seat folds down in a fourdoor, and cotacts the back of the front seat. My fault for over loading them though. Four years of wear, and no fading. The fabric has gotten "fuzzy" where my big ass slides over it. I will definitely be purchasing another set.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Trek Armor - waterproof, cool, very tight fit, military loop connectits for storage bags etc. The quality is awesome. I'll post some pics separately
Old 03-18-2016, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Blakspire
I've got a set of CoverKings, in the codura fabric. The only problems I've had, are tearinig of the fabric where the headrest of the back seat folds down in a fourdoor, and cotacts the back of the front seat. My fault for over loading them though. Four years of wear, and no fading. The fabric has gotten "fuzzy" where my big ass slides over it. I will definitely be purchasing another set.
Are those a tight fit like the Bartact?
Old 03-18-2016, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

You get what you pay for. Bartect are hands down the best. Buy them or wish you did a year down the road.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
I'm always OK with spending on quality...which is what the Bartact is. Just a bit high for slip over covers.
Do it you won't regret it ..... Especially if you plan on keeping your jeep bro
Old 03-20-2016, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
I've heard that about those...they hold up structurally and do well fade wise if uv protectant is used. Do you get the typical neoprene swamp ass in summer?
The seat covers will smell like BUDIUSSY after 3000 miles in 2 weeks, bit that's all day driving and wheeling. They don't breath perfect, but it isn't terrible either.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

I just pulled the trigger on the Bartact covers. Had been looking at them for a couple of years. One of the features I had been waiting on is the seat airbag compliance and they now come like that. Having totaled one JK, I did not want a seat cover to impede a safety feature I wanted. The covers will get in tomorrow (I hope), so I can post about them later.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my OD Green Smittybilt front seat covers for 3 years. My top is off as much as possible during any warm weather. I have a spiderweb shade. I barely notice any fading. I get nonstop compliments about them and they hold all my gear. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Seat cover experience thread