Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your opinion on a 2" to 2.5" budget boost

Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Share your opinion on a 2" to 2.5" budget boost

Hey folks,
I have a 2014 JKU Sahara and recently upgraded my tires from the stock Duelers to 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs. I like the beefier look of the tires but now I'm kind of interested in getting a budget boost just to give my ride a bit more height. Given that this is my daily driver and that my interests off road are geared towards occasional trails only (no rock crawling of any sort) I'm strongly considering the 2" AEV Budget Boost. I'm interested in hearing some feedback from those of you who are currently sporting a BB anywhere between 2 to 2.5", particularly those with the AEV kit installed. Any regrets getting it? Has ride quality remained similar to before the lift? Has MPG suffered much? Do you like the look and is it much noticeable difference from stock? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Old 03-03-2015, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Rancho's got some good reviews and they have Sales going on right now. Check them out,
AEV is to spendy for what you get..IMO...
Old 03-04-2015, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I would go straight for a 2.5in spring lift. It's not that much more and someone is going to have to pull your suspension a part anyways with either route you go. The spring lift will be the backbone of any other mods or addition you add to your Jeep so you might as well do it right the first time.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with a teraflex budget boost. With your size tires, the 2 inch lift (2" front, 1" rear) woud be perfect. Higher than that will make your tires look too small.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Budget boost is the way to go. Stay away from spring lifts. You'd be challenged to find one that actually gives you less than 2.5"-3" of lift, if not more. Then the problems start.

The boost will maintain the stock ride quality and just plain works (or you can spend a bunch more money for something that does the exact same thing but has the word "Max" or "flex" in the description). I'm not familiar with what is out there these days, but 1.5" would be ideal. 2" starts to get close to needing caster adjustment, and that means more $$$.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Teraflex 2.5 BB lift. It's been on for about 3 years, no issues. I have a 2dr running 315/70 17. Plenty of room.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jchappies
Personally I would go straight for a 2.5in spring lift. It's not that much more and someone is going to have to pull your suspension a part anyways with either route you go. The spring lift will be the backbone of any other mods or addition you add to your Jeep so you might as well do it right the first time.
X2. I went with the TF 2.5" spring lift. Great ride and handles better than it did stock. It was also very easy to install.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Former Member

2 in is fine but street tires look terrible with a lift.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I started with a 2,5" Teraflex BB. i chose that spacer lift because it's was the most complete spacer lift. Came with extended bumpstops, rear brake like drop brackets, rear trackbar bracket, rear swaybar links (then move stock rear to the front). Also noted at the same time I added red rubicon shocks, 1.5" wheel spacers, and 33's.

However after about a year it did start to wobble in the front end due to having the axel 1/2" off center after the spacers went in and my castor numbers dropped from adding lift. I addressed those issues with an adjustable trackbar to recenter the front axel, and control arm drop brackets to regain stock like castor specs. The jeep drove amazing after that.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You might want to check out our 1.5" kits, they are going to come with our triple rate coils. On a 4 door you will gain about 1.5" in the front and about 1" in the rear over stock. You will gain more performsnce and ride quality with a coil lift then you will with a spacer lift.

RK

Quick Reply: Share your opinion on a 2" to 2.5" budget boost