Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ShrockWorks JK Unlimited Rock Sliders Installed w/Pics

Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up ShrockWorks JK Unlimited Rock Sliders Installed w/Pics

Like a few other people here on JK-Forum, I just got my ShrockWorks Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rock Sliders in last week and finished installing them yesterday. And for those of you who are interested, I hope to have a detailed installation write-up for it along with tons of hi-res pics up on Project-JK.com this week. But for now, here are a few shots of what these great rock sliders looks like installed on my Jeep...

After having installed these things, I can say with all honesty that they are incredibly well built and amazing beefy. In fact, if you're planning on picking up a set for your Jeep, be sure to have a friend help you out as these things are very heavy. Anyway, if you want to see more pics, click on the link below:

ShrockWorks Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rock Sliders Pics

Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Did the shrockworks emblem come on them or is that a sticker that you put on?? I may have to order a sticker, too.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Those look great. I'd love to see some pics of those in use.
With any luck, I will next weekend

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Looks good! Did the shrockworks emblem come on them or is that a sticker that you put on?? I may have to order a sticker, too.
Yup, they came with them.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

i know it might sound like an odd request, but could you post a picture of you getting in/out of the JK with a foot on the sliders? an accompanying shoe size or height would be helpful as well

and you've got a 2.5" teraflex lift on right?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look great!!! Is that the smooth finish? You guys are not helping... im still waiting on my 2door ones :sad:
Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Any drilling?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by superboo
i know it might sound like an odd request, but could you post a picture of you getting in/out of the JK with a foot on the sliders? an accompanying shoe size or height would be helpful as well

and you've got a 2.5" teraflex lift on right?
LOL!! I'll try to get you some shots tomorrow but in all honesty, even at this height I don't use the steps to get in and out and I'm only 5'-6"
Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
Any drilling?
Yes, you need to drill 3 holes in the side of your passenger side frame rail, 3 in the driver side frame rail and one underneath the driver side frame rail towards the rear tire. The passenger side is easy to drill through but space is a bit tight between the body pinch seam and if you don't have a right angle drill, these may be a bit hard to do. The driver side took me a bit longer as for some reason or another, the steel was much thicker up front and back and the back hole was right next to a weld which required a bit more patience to get through. Aside from that, the installation was very straight forward and relatively easy. Perhaps the biggest problem I had was with the sliders being so heavy
Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! I'll try to get you some shots tomorrow but in all honesty, even at this height I don't use the steps to get in and out and I'm only 5'-6"
your short
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

Smile

sorry couldnt resist.

Quick Reply: ShrockWorks JK Unlimited Rock Sliders Installed w/Pics