Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side plates for protection

Old 10-20-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaylin_darling
Thank you for posting! So, you're saying it'd be ok to do bed liner on top of my paint, instead of buying rocker panels?
Yes, you can bed line on the paint, you just wouldn't be able to remove it without needing a new paint job. The rocker panels in contrast could be removed in the future if you wanted to; however, most panels require a good amount of hole drilling into your body, and you will more than likely have scratches order neath requiring new paint also.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Give me a day or two and will post some pics of mine, I did the line-X on my rockers, didn't go up very high but I'm sure you'll get an idea of the look.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anglico1
Give me a day or two and will post some pics of mine, I did the line-X on my rockers, didn't go up very high but I'm sure you'll get an idea of the look.
Thanks so much for your posts! They're really helpful! So, if I went with the rocker panels, what's the best ones to get without drilling? And if I ever wanted to remove the panels they'd leave scratches underneath?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 PM
JK Newbie

Well if you are looking for protection from high heels that doesnt require drilling and bolting on then you dont have too many choices.

Bed liner like several have suggested is great but it is permanent. If you ever decide down the road to go a different way with your jeep...have fun getting it off!

The other option that i know of that works great is : Jeep Trail Armor Rocker Panel & Sill Plate Combo Pair | 14011 | Bushwacker

Its a 3m tape on product. Make sure its super clean before you install and id suggest a small clean bead of sillicone completly around everywhere it touches the jeep. That will prevent any dirt and dust from getting behind it and scratching your paint from the vibrations your jeep will get from driving it.

Again, these options are good for protecting your paint from daily wear and tear scratching along with some small door ding protection from certain vehicles, but they do not take the place of 1/4 inch steel plate bolted on so dont try to use either suggestion as a rockslider

Old 10-21-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stinkfoot
Well if you are looking for protection from high heels that doesnt require drilling and bolting on then you dont have too many choices.

Bed liner like several have suggested is great but it is permanent. If you ever decide down the road to go a different way with your jeep...have fun getting it off!

The other option that i know of that works great is : Jeep Trail Armor Rocker Panel & Sill Plate Combo Pair | 14011 | Bushwacker

Its a 3m tape on product. Make sure its super clean before you install and id suggest a small clean bead of sillicone completly around everywhere it touches the jeep. That will prevent any dirt and dust from getting behind it and scratching your paint from the vibrations your jeep will get from driving it.

Again, these options are good for protecting your paint from daily wear and tear scratching along with some small door ding protection from certain vehicles, but they do not take the place of 1/4 inch steel plate bolted on so dont try to use either suggestion as a rockslider

Haha! Thanks! I was looking into that set you linked, so I'm not sure what to do, I just hate to drill into my baby... that gives an uneasy feeling :/ haha!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Haha! Thanks! I was looking into that set you linked, so I'm not sure what to do, I just hate to drill into my baby... that gives an uneasy feeling :/ haha!
If you plan on keeping it then go for it. Otherwise I imagine it will hurt trade in later (only if trading on another jeep and you plan on swapping the over to the next one). Otherwise it can just stay on the jeep when you trade in, which case again go for it. Google JK rocker guards and check out the Google images to see which style and look you like. Then follow the link to the picture (typically linked to a forum) and find out what brand it is.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
If you plan on keeping it then go for it. Otherwise I imagine it will hurt trade in later (only if trading on another jeep and you plan on swapping the over to the next one). Otherwise it can just stay on the jeep when you trade in, which case again go for it. Google JK rocker guards and check out the Google images to see which style and look you like. Then follow the link to the picture (typically linked to a forum) and find out what brand it is.
Will do! Thank you!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Will do! Thank you!
So, I found these http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...=12525+1414+07 - is this a good deal? I also have running boards installed, will I be able to install these and not have to remove my running boards (these panels are adhesive)?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

So, I found these Bushwacker TrailArmor Rocker Panels | Jeep Parts and Accessories | Quadratec - is this a good deal? I also have running boards installed, will I be able to install these and not have to remove my running boards (these panels are adhesive)?
woaw i didnt know they existed lol.. thanks gal!! i was looking to cover the ugglyness of my Ace sliders without rubi rails lol
Old 10-21-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Locko

woaw i didnt know they existed lol.. thanks gal!! i was looking to cover the ugglyness of my Ace sliders without rubi rails lol
Welcome! I didn't want the rails just something to go along the bottom sides right above my running boards without having to drill holes haha!

Quick Reply: side plates for protection