Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smittybilt prices seem low?

Old 01-06-2017, 09:17 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Ball massaging seats are something I could definitely buy into... regardless of manufacturing origin.

It's obviously the factory upgrade to the auto heated ball massagers. I also looked at the picture again....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 10.10.16 PM.png
Views:	127
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	664143

Ladies, gentlemen, binaries, binary-transticular, aliens, whatever the hell you associate as, I present to you the 2017 Wrangler "Unlimited Unlimited" Rubicon JKUUR with factory heated ball massagers.

Resale value on these vehicles will be astronomical. The aftermarket ball massager seat mods I'm sure will be on everyone's Christmas list.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow there are def some sore balls in this thread. I don't have much SB stuff but have always been pleased with what I have had. I had a CJ 5 in college(mid 90s) and it was pretty much a smittybilt catalog vehicle. Ha. I never had problems with quality or function. But I always hear now all the negatives. I call BS!! I think the JK has turned everyone into superficial pricks. You're either a soccer mom, mall crawler or the baddest off road king alive. I don't think I fit any of those categories. But I know I love Jeeps! And I'll continue to own and drive them. And add on what I need/want as the opportunities present themselves. It's up to the individual Jeeper. What's the best Jeep to drive? How about the one you have! As far as America outsourcing manufacturing...unfortunately We The People did that. Maybe not you personally but as a society we asked for more for less and in record time. Have you ever paid at the pump? Used self checkout? Ordered online? Wanted a good product for less? Voted?!? If so, these are all contributing factors. I agree that we need jobs and production back in the US! But it's easier said than done. God Bless America. #jeeplife
Old 01-07-2017, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Smittybilt was an American company, with American designs, but manufactured in China, like Warns VR winches... ?? To bring prices down to a reasonable price point that we can afford. Sometimes as much as we would all love to buy nothing but North American made it really is beyond our budget to do so. 2 bumpers, tire carrier and a winch from Smittybilt 1k$ is hard to beat. I paid more then that for just my AEV front bumper.

That being said I have had that bumper undercoated every fall since 2012 and it's been solid but many complain that the finish doesn't stand up any better then cheaper bumpers. So that brings us to the next question, how do we know and and how can we be sure that the North American product is truly any better at double+ the price.

Last edited by jtphoto JK; 01-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
This one
Cant believe this! I e-mailed these guys to see if it was a mistake.Here's their response.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1402624519.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	664163   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2739561078.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	664166  
Old 01-07-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't a 6.4 hemi cost $60,000 from AEV?
Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still funny. For that it's almost as if they charged labor 2x for replacing what was already being removed for a 6.4 swap.

Brand new 6.4 is pretty expensive, 60k is just unreasonable and ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's the JK3500 conversion it also has Dana60 axles to go with that Hemi. Unreasonable to most perhaps but for someone who wants a HD Wrangler with a Hemi its in the ballpark, unless you can build it yourself.

40K Base Jeep
20K Hemi, Transmission, and transfer case
15K locked D60s front and rear.
10K AEV bumpers lift and wheels.

Last edited by jtphoto JK; 01-07-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt prices seem low?