Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow Chains recommendations for 315/70R17 BFG AT KO2s

Old 02-16-2017, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Chains recommendations for 315/70R17 BFG AT KO2s

As the title states, I'm looking for options with tire chains on my tires that are almost 35s. I'll be heading to Yosemite NP in a few weeks an they require to have them with you even if not needed. Even if I don't need to have them on, I need to have them in my possession. I did a search on here and didn't come up with much of anyhting. The sizes on snow chains/cables seem to be pretty limited for tires this size. I know the KO2s are great for the snow and even have the M+S rating but I'll still need to have them with me. I doubt I'll need them but it's a must up there I guess. I'm not looking for tire recommendations but chains recommendations. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2017, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

In Ca you need off-road tires and 4x4 or chains in most places. I take my 2500HD to Mammoth multiple times a year and have gone through check points and CHP has always cleared me since I have 4x4 with off-road / on-road tires and no chains and have not had any issues.

Last edited by Singleton; 02-16-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Check these out.

Quality Chain 3231QC - Road Blazer Wide Base 7mm Link Snow Tire Chains (Cam) | Harriscos LLC
Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the recommendation Hail2Ale! It looks like I might just need to get the rubber adjusters and I'll be good to go?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

If ur not going for a couple weeks, hold off and see whether the roads will still be snowed in. If the roads still have snow, go down to ur local 4wp store at the last minute. They usually have 35s in stock. It'll save u the cost of buying them now and realizing u don't need them later.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cjnomo
If ur not going for a couple weeks, hold off and see whether the roads will still be snowed in. If the roads still have snow, go down to ur local 4wp store at the last minute. They usually have 35s in stock. It'll save u the cost of buying them now and realizing u don't need them later.
I'm not going until around the first week of March. Great idea, thanks!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos
I'm not going until around the first week of March. Great idea, thanks!
Not to mention that generally most places do not allow returns on snow chains. So if u buy them and don't end up using them, ur stuck with them. Their thinking is, everyone would buy/return buy/return. Half of their business (not really but u get the point) would be exchanging chains. Their not exactly light weight so...
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know through the BC interior you either have to have either M+S rated tires, Snowflake rated tires or carry chains during the winter. They don't require a combination. I'm surprised that you must carry chains in California.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also think it depends on the officer. I drive to Mammoth frequently and have been ask to show my chains on my 2500HD with BFG's, even though I have never had to use them.

Quick Reply: Snow Chains recommendations for 315/70R17 BFG AT KO2s