Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something weird going on after lift install

Old 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something weird going on after lift install

I just installed a 3 inch teraflex lift and I took it out for a ride after getting it all together. I installed the extended brake lines and when driving it it feels as those at random times pressure is being applied to the brakes. What do you guys think this is? I bled the lines do you think there could still be air in them causing this problem?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had air in the line still your pedal would be soft and go to the floor. When you did the install did you over extend any of the lines or during reinstall did you pinch one of the lines? I would recheck those and see if you have anything obvious.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check to make sure those hoses aren't twisted. I've seen people install calipers and have the line twisted when bolting the caliper back up. It could restricts the flow. Just double check
Old 07-29-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Your steering wheel isn't off center, and the ESP is applying the brakes is it? Do you feel it going around corners?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you re-center the steering wheel? Is there a lightning bolt icon blinking in the dashboard when you feel the brakes come on?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Steering wheel is off center. I don't see the light flashing but I will check and I it doesn't really matter if it's on a corner or straight
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This may save you some time:

To center the wheel, change the length of the relay rod (some call it a drag link). Its runs across the Jeep parallel to the tie rod and has an adjusting clamp about 3" long with two bolts.

The tie rod has a knurled plastic adjusting collar. If you mess with the tie rod accidentally you'll need to set the toe-in also.

Quick Reply: Something weird going on after lift install